NEW YORK, June 29 /PRNewswire/ -- Just four months away, the 2nd Annual AllyKatzz Tween Summit -- founded by AK Tweens, the nation's leading tween girls' marketing/consulting firm and AllyKatzz.com, the largest COPPA compliant tween girl social networking site -- has been attracting national brands that want to support, empower, and inspire tweens. Joining DOVE go fresh Deodorant and Matching Body Mist as official sponsors are AOL's JSYK, Nestle USA, Macmillan Children's Publishing Group and Candlewick Press.
Building on momentum garnered from their Inaugural Tween Summit in Washington DC in October 2009, followed by the first AllyKatzz Tween Town Hall Meeting at UCLA in March 2010, AK Tweens is thrilled with the enthusiastic response of companies wanting to join in their mission to give tween girls a platform to "Stand Up, Speak Out and Be Heard." Denise Restauri, CEO and founder of both AK Tweens and AllyKatzz.com states, "These companies are embracing the fact that tweens have voices that need to be supported and nurtured. Each participating company is planning to connect with the attendees in really creative, meaningful ways."
- DOVE® go fresh Deodorant and Matching Body Mist -- launched a "Cool and Confident Girl" contest on AllyKatzz.com to encourage tweens to face every new challenge and opportunity with confidence. The winner will be awarded a VIP trip to the AllyKatzz Tween Summit with her "BFF" and will serve as the official Dove go fresh Tween Ambassador during the summit. They are also sponsoring one of the new A.L.L.Y. Award winners.
- Nestle USA -- will promote their Nestle Very Best In Youth award program which pays tribute to young people who are committed to academic excellence and devoted to leading a generation of positive change within their community. All Tweens/Teens who enter the Nestle Very Best In Youth competition will be eligible to receive grant money to help support their community service project.
- AOL's JSYK -- will host a hands-on Cyber Cafe in the Exhibit Hall and will be streaming the DM'ing™ for Change! concert live at http://www.jsyk.com. They'll also award an aspiring journalist who loves to write, interview and be on camera with a trip to the Tween Summit in NYC to be a JSYK.com reporter and cover the event.
- Macmillan Children's Publishing Group -- will introduce the tween attendees to two of their newest books, HALO by Alexandra Adornetto and RADIANCE by Alyson Noel.
- Candlewick Press -- will introduce the tween attendees to one of their newest books.
Sponsors and attendees alike can't wait for the highly anticipated event to take place.
Stephanie Cohen, editorial director of AOL's JSYK, a returning sponsor agrees, "JSYK.com is thrilled to once again partner with AllyKatzz on this year's Tween Summit. Our previous sponsorship helped us get the JSYK brand in front of hundreds of girls. Additionally, it gave us invaluable insight into their lives and what they are passionate about so we could program our site to their needs and wants."
Cristina Bastida, executive director, Nestle Very Best In Youth, believes that, "The AllyKatzz Tween Summit is the perfect opportunity for us to highlight the Nestle Very Best In Youth Program and to reach out to the many young people who are making a difference in the world and to recognize them for their community service. Nestle USA is dedicated to helping America's youth succeed; they are the next generation of teachers, doctors, and leaders of America."
And Emma, a tween from California, emailed, "I'm so excited to be going to the second Tween Summit! It's so great to be in an empowering environment with girls who share my interests, where I can be myself, and just have a blast!"
ABOUT THE SUMMIT
On October 10th, 2010, the 2nd Annual AllyKatzz Tween Summit will welcome 250 tween girls, ages 8-14, from across the country to NYC. Beginning at 9:00am at The Altman Building in Chelsea, the day will encompass a keynote address that emphasizes the importance of tweens speaking up and taking action, a hands-on "meet & greet" with "A.L.L.Y. Awardees" -- inspiring tween/teen girls and boys who started their own non-profits, an Exhibit Hall featuring the event sponsors that make the Summit possible -- all offering the girls a rare opportunity to tell companies what they want, a chance to "Speak Up & Share" with the "Listening Panel" -- a group of accomplished women from media, entertainment, fashion, sports, and politics who want to know what tweens want, and a chance to spread goodwill through DenimMessaging™ -- (decorating the interior pockets and waistbands of jeans with words of hope and encouragement that will then be donated to homeless tweens and teens). At 6:00pm, at NYU Skirball Center for the Performing Arts, they'll be treated to a Red Carpet event and the "DM'ing™ for Change!" concert featuring teen artists and bands!
To complement the tweens' experience -- a day long Parent Track devoted to exploring topics relevant to their daughters is offered -- including what girls are thinking, doing, saying (or not saying), and dreaming…
This groundbreaking day will be moderated by tween expert, AK Tweens and AllyKatzz.com founder Denise Restauri along with author, Seventeen Magazine columnist and self-esteem expert Jess Weiner.
SPONSORS: For information on sponsorship packages, full day passes and other opportunities, contact Diane Light Waight, 1.770.316.0941 or email@example.com.
PRESS: For information or to register to attend the AllyKatzz Tween Town Hall Meeting please contact Kerry Gillick Goldberg of KGG Enterprises, LLC at 1.516.455.3179 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOURCE AK Tweens