Apr 22, 2013, 04:01 ET
DENVER, April 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Hundreds of Apartment Investment and Management Company (Aimco) team members throughout the United States are spending time giving back to their communities as part of the company's national Aimco Cares Community Service Week April 22-26th. This week-long initiative promotes volunteer spirit, team work, and community partnerships, all with the goal of meeting important local needs in areas where Aimco has offices and apartment communities.
Aimco's Service Week projects include:
- April 22: Greenville, South Carolina team members stocking the shelves at the Traveler's Rest Food Pantry; and Aimco team members in Baltimore preparing and packaging meals for delivery to the ill and disabled in their area, in partnership with Moveable Feast.
- April 23: Team members in Chicago will continue their week-long volunteer work assisting the Loaves & Fishes Community Pantry in Naperville; and a team from the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area will help the Capital Area Food Bank.
- April 24: Aimco Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Terry Considine will join a team in Denver to prepare and serve a meal at a Ronald McDonald House in Aurora, Colorado; Southern California team members will prepare food for families staying at the Ronald McDonald House in Pasadena; the Aimco Boston team will continue its week-long effort painting rooms in the Nashua Children's Home; Aimco's Greenville team will do lawn care and outside chores for senior citizens through Diligent Hands, Gracious Hearts; team members in Orlando will volunteer at the Second Harvest Food Bank; and a Denver team will sort and pack food for the Food Bank of the Rockies.
- April 25: An Aimco Atlanta team will partner with the Atlanta Community Food Bank to distribute food to those in need; team members in Nashville will volunteer at the YMCA Women's Shelter; the Aimco Baltimore team is joining forces with the Baltimore Parks and Recreation Department to clean up the Walter and Mary Burke Park; a team in Richmond, VA is working on a home for Habitat for Humanity: and a Denver team will partner with the Denver Parks and Recreation Department to restore local park trails.
- April 26: An Aimco Greenville team will volunteer at the Shriner's Hospital for Children; the Southern California team will do landscaping for the Long Beach Ronald McDonald House; team members in Chicago will walk dogs and clean cages at the Animal House Shelter in Huntley; and the Aimco Denver team will work on a house in partnership with Habitat for Humanity.
Aimco Cares weeks are focal points for Aimco's philanthropic activities. Through the Aimco Cares program, each employee receives 10 paid hours per year to apply toward a volunteer activity.
"Giving back to the communities where we live and work helps define our company's culture and furthers our goal of being a good corporate citizen and community partner," said Terry Considine, Chairman and CEO of Aimco. "Our teams across the country demonstrate remarkable compassion and goodwill for their neighbors. They make a positive difference by serving our communities, and they build teamwork and camaraderie in the process."
Aimco was featured in an April 21 special section of the Denver Post as a 2013 Top Workplace, based upon a survey of employees rating its culture, leadership, ethics, management, and benefits for team members. Aimco also was one of five companies highlighted for its robust community service programs, through Aimco Cares.
Aimco is a real estate investment trust headquartered in Denver, Colorado that owns and operates a geographically diversified portfolio of apartment communities. Aimco, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the largest owners and operators of conventional and affordable apartment communities in the United States, with 265 properties serving approximately 250,000 residents each year. Aimco's properties are located in 24 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. Aimco common shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol AIV and are included in the S&P 500.
Share this article