ATLANTA, Dec. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- From pet grooming areas, game rooms and wine lounges to virtual golf simulators and beautiful gardens – unique amenities are popping up all over the US. According to an NMHC study, 20% of respondents cited their reason for moving to a different community was due to seeking better community amenities. Apartments.com—the most visited apartment listing site—took a deep dive into new amenities you should keep your eye out for when apartment hunting. They even identified a few smart devices renters can utilize when on the move.
1. Outdoor Community Living: When it comes to community spaces, many existing properties offer club houses, fitness centers, coffee areas and shared workspaces. But as complexes upgrade, they are incorporating shared outdoor amenities to include fire pits, brick ovens, roof top terraces, access to hike and bike trails, stations to bathe down bikes or pets and spaces for DIY project areas. With balcony space and dog-friendly being one of the top keywords searched nationally on Apartments.com, renters are on the hunt for those outdoor features adding value to an apartment and the place perfect for the loved ones in their family.
2. Indoor Relaxation: Numerous indoor amenities are on the horizon too. Enjoy coffee shops, movie theaters, spas, salons, music rooms, golf simulators and wine cellars. All offer comfortable spaces to unwind and socialize. With 68% of renters searching for only a one- or two-bedroom apartment on Apartments.com, these indoor amenities and community spaces create an ideal space for mixing and mingling with your neighbors—a great escape from the solidarity of your own home.
3. Tech Lover's Paradise: If you are relatively tech-savvy, you might consider purchasing smart devices to enable home automation features. Kwiskset Kevo's smart lock, for example, allows you to lock and unlock your doors remotely with the Kevo App on your smart phone. The lock even comes with a backup key for your landlord. Or how about the smart thermostat by Nest, which allows you to use your phone to change the temperature in your apartment. It also learns your schedule and adjust to your habits, saving you energy costs along the way. With most renters searching for rental rates below $1,299 per month on Apartments.com —middle of the road when it comes to rental rates— this allows for purchases of these tech-savvy products.
4. Environmentally Friendly: NMHC noted in a recent study that 75% of renters are interested in recycling options, while 65% are interested in sustainability and green initiatives. Other amenities of interest include sustainability and green certifications, on-site renewable energy and car sharing. Additionally, new technology is becoming increasingly available for the environmentally conscious such as the WaterHawk showerhead with rainfall designs which come with an LED display that allows you to track usage and select temperature preferences.
5. Artistic Appeal: And for the art lover, Elect Objects' E01 digital art frame allows renters to choose artwork from the Internet's best artists and museums and change them as frequently as desired.
When shopping for your next apartment, consider using tools found on Apartments.com to filter search results with ease to quickly and easily spot the apartments with new and improved amenities that mean the most for your lifestyle. Find more information on these and other amenities at the Apartments.com blog HERE.
To search for your next apartment, visit Apartments.com.
Apartments.com is the leading online apartment listing website, offering renters access to information on more than 1,000,000 available units for rent. Powered by CoStar, the Apartments.com network of sites includes Apartments.com, ApartmentFinder.com, ApartmentHomeLoving.com, Apartamentos.com, WestsideRentals.com, ForRent.com, ForRentUniversity.com, After55.com and CorporateHousing.com. Apartments.com is supported by the industry's largest professional research team, which has visited and photographed over 400,000 properties nationwide. The team makes over one million calls each month to apartment owners and property managers, collecting and verifying current availabilities, rental rates, pet policies, fees, leasing incentives, concessions, and more. Apartments.com offers more rental listings than any other apartments website, and innovative features including a Polygon™ tool that allows users to define their own search areas on a map, and a "Plan Commute" feature that lets users search for rentals in proximity to a specific address. Apartments.com creates easy access to its listings through a responsive website and iOS and Android apps, and provides unmatched exposure for its advertisers through an intuitive name, strategic search engine placements and innovative emerging media. The Apartments.com network reaches millions of renters nationwide, driving both qualified traffic and highly engaged renters to leasing offices. For more information: www.Apartments.com