BASKING RIDGE, N.J., Dec. 2, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- 'Twas the month before Christmas when all through the malls, registers were ringing with shoppers packed wall-to-wall. Verizon Wireless makes visions of hassle-free shopping ring true this season and helps their customers shop smarter with a sleigh-full of shopping apps available on the nation's largest and most reliable network. Whether shopping for presents directly from select 3G Android smartphones or driving north, south, east or west, Verizon Wireless suggests the following apps to make this season the best yet:
Savvy Shoppers: Deal or No Deal
- ShopSavvy Barcode Scanner: Locate the best deals using the free ShopSavvy Barcode Scanner app. Acting as a personal shopping assistant, the app lets customers scan the barcode of any product to find the best prices on the Internet and at nearby local stores.
- ScanLife Barcode Reader: This free, all-in-one barcode scanner app quickly gives a customer everything he or she needs to know about a product before purchasing, including the manufacturer's website, all product prices, reviews and more. The ScanLife Barcode Reader can scan all major barcode formats.
- Spend Smart Coupons: Find, save and redeem coupons for hot deals at favorite grocers and retailers. Spend Smart coupons cover a wide range of products on customers' shopping lists and can be used at more than 4,000 locations of more than 20 grocery chains nationwide.
- Point Inside Airports and Malls: A comprehensive indoor navigation app, Point Inside provides customers with a full Smart Map™ directory of more than 700 malls and 85 airports in the United States and Canada, level by level.
One-Stop Gift Buying
- Kindle™ for Android: Discover and read more than 700,000 books in the Kindle Store, including New Releases and 107 of 111 New York Times Bestsellers. More than 575,000 of these books are $9.99 or less, including 80 New York Times Bestsellers.
Over the River and Through the Woods (While Staying Entertained and Informed)
- KAYAK Hotel and Flight Search: The free app provides customers the same service found at KAYAK.com, including the ability to find and book flights, hotels and rental cars by comparing hundreds of travel sites with just one search, helping users save money by finding travel deals. Also track flights, manage trip itineraries and calculate baggage fees to make holiday travel easier.
- VZ Navigator®: With this full service mobile navigation app, get visual and audible turn-by-turn route directions, making travel stress-free and allowing for a timely arrival. The service is now integrated with Facebook®, allowing users to keep up with their friends, family and social networks by updating their Facebook statuses directly through VZ Navigator, with the option to include and share their locations.
- NFL Mobile: Customers who can't get enough of America's favorite game can see the latest news, headlines, stats and scores of their favorite NFL teams. Fans that want live NFL game broadcasts every Thursday and Sunday night streamed right to their cell phones can add a V CAST Video subscription to get video on demand with player and team news and watch live streaming video.
- My Verizon: Self-serve is easier and more convenient than ever before. My Verizon allows customers to access self-serve functionality directly from a compatible handset, including checking balance, usage, current plans, features and much more.
- V CAST Tones – Holiday Hits: Customers can personalize their ringtones and ringback tones and create jukeboxes with this app.
The apps featured are available on select Android devices and can be purchased from Android Market™ or V CAST Apps. V CAST Apps offers direct billing, so app purchases appear on a customer's monthly Verizon Wireless bill.
For more information on these apps and others from Verizon Wireless, visit http://bit.ly/hB7vuV. For more information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable and largest wireless voice and 3G data network, serving more than 93 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with more than 79,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE,Nasdaq :VZ ) and Vodafone (LSE,Nasdaq :VOD ). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
SOURCE Verizon Wireless