NEW YORK, Jan. 13 /PRNewswire/ -- Marking the first-ever smartphone application for an auto show, the New York International Auto Show (NYIAS) will launch its new app prior to the Show in April. The interactive, informational, easy to use and free application will include a wide range of functions to enhance the auto show experience and will be available for iPhone. Blackberry Storm and Motorola Android users can access the same functionality on the Auto Show's mobile-friendly website when the application launches.
"The New York Auto Show app is designed to provide a visually-driven experience for consumers before they visit the Show, during their visit, and even after the Show," said Show director, Candida Romanelli. "It's also good for people who want to get a glimpse of all the latest new vehicles and concept cars being launched at our Show, but are unable to attend in person."
Functions available to show-goers via the downloadable application will include:
- Access to the latest news coming from the Show floor. As more than 40 new automobiles are launched during the Show's Press Preview, app users will get information, photos, and vehicle specs. Be among the first to see them!
- The app photo library contains hundreds of images of futuristic concept cars, alternative fuel vehicles, muscle cars, electrics, hybrids, exotics, and more.
- Get app maps of the Show floor to help plan your visit and to better navigate the Show while you're there.
- Buy tickets, the Show's official magazine, t-shirts, hats, and more.
- Find your nearest retailer with the Dealer Locator function.
- Sign up for Members Express, an exclusive program that gives members early entry to the Show, access to a VIP lounge, and special discounts.
- Get tips on parking and get directions to the Show from your location.
Also with the app, members of the press can view the press conference schedule.
About the 2010 New York International Auto Show
Ushering in the latest motor trends, the 2010 New York International Auto Show will unveil an expansive collection of cutting-edge design and extraordinary innovation. More than 1,000 cars and trucks will be on display. NYIAS is North America's first and largest-attended auto show.
Important Show Dates
March 31 and April 1
Public Sneak Preview
Public Show Dates
April 2 - 11
SOURCE New York International Auto Show