SHENZHEN, China, June 2, 2011 /PRNewswire-Asia/ -- Uni Core Holdings Corporation (OTC Bulletin Board: UCHC), an aggressive 'company doctor' and 'incubator' of mid- to large-size companies in China, recently announced that Qingdao Eastern Sunrise Paper Products Co., Ltd. ("Qingdao Eastern Sunrise") of APT Paper Group ("APT"), a wholly-owned company by UCHC, achieved significant results when bidding for the procurement of domestic air-conditioner packaging project of Haier Group, and successfully won the tender for the majority of projects with the bid amount of about US$17 million at a potential gross profit margin of 20%. This is one of the most successful projects of Qingdao Eastern Sunrise in the recent years.
This domestic air-conditioner packaging procurement tender of Haier Group is one of the most intense bidding projects in the industry with a total of 17 modules and a total target of approximately US$42 million. All the industry leaders participated in the bid and Qingdao Eastern Sunrise won 14 modules, which is the higher number amongst all other suppliers. There are several reasons for the success:
1. The overall modular design of packaging, which is the basis of this bidding, is the strength of Qingdao Eastern Sunrise; Haier Group's first product using modular design packaging, Haier washing machine, was designed and manufactured by Qingdao Eastern Sunrise.
2. Qingdao Eastern Sunrise has a professional R & D team on modular design packaging and has a positive and efficient promotion team to quickly meet the overall packaging needs of customers.
3. Qingdao Eastern Sunrise possesses the production capacity of cardboard boxes and packaging materials, including honeycomb panel, that can help resolve the customers' demand on packaging from different perspectives.
4. Qingdao Eastern Sunrise has superior geographical and environmental conditions, adjacent to the Haier Industrial Park, which can provide Haier the most rapid and convenient services at the lowest shipping and operating costs.
5. Under the notion of "We only have one Earth", the Company is committed to research, develop and produce products with "renewable resources, green recycling", which is supported by the big customers.
Mr. Thomas Lee, Chief Operating Officer of UCHC, said: "APT, an incubated enterprise of UCHC, is very lucky to have the opportunity to provide domestic air-conditioners packaging for Haier Group. The tender competition is very intense. With more than 10 years' experience and a series of matured techniques, together with the prior cooperation experience and good reputation in the industry, APT has laid a very good foundation in this tender competition. In response to development needs, APT continuously research, develop, and produce honeycomb products with modular design so that its green packaging is recognized as cutting-edge environmental friendly packaging, which both reduces costs and adds value for customers, thus, contributes to environmental protection."
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions that, if they never materialize or if they prove incorrect, could cause the Company's results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including any projections of earnings, revenue, or other financial items, any statements of the plans, strategies, and objectives of management for future operations, any statements concerning proposed new products, services or developments, any statements regarding future economic conditions or performance, statements of belief and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. These statements are based on expectations as of the date of this press release. Actual results may differ materially from those projected because of a number of risks and uncertainties, including those detailed from time to time in the Company's reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The Company assumes no obligations and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
SOURCE Uni Core Holdings Corporation