HORSHAM, Pa., Sept. 22, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Green tea powder, chopped pumpkin, plum, and more– the second annual Arnold®, Brownberry® and Oroweat® "2015 America's Better Sandwich" Contest draws unique flavor profiles from sandwich enthusiasts, hailing from across the nation.
Today, the top 15 Finalists can be viewed at www.AmericasBetterSandwich.com, and America has the opportunity to help decide whose sandwich recipe will get the real dough, a $25,000 Grand Prize. For every vote cast during September 21, 2015 and October 18, 2015, Arnold®, Brownberry® and Oroweat® will also donate a loaf of bread to Feeding America, its official charitable partner.
Consumer voting will account for 10 percent of each Finalist's score and the remaining percentage will be evaluated against the criteria of:
- Taste (30 percent)
- Creativity (30 percent)
- Nutritional Analysis (30 percent)
To help taste and score each recipe, Arnold®, Brownberry® and Oroweat® Breads have enlisted the help of nationally recognized dietitians Katie Cavuto MS, RD; Victoria Shanta Retelny RDN; Patricia Bannan MS, RD; Keri Gans RD.
"Last year's sandwich recipes were so impressive we decided to expand the whole grain horizons of our fans by introducing three new exciting sandwich categories to this year's contest- 'Love, Healthfully,' 'Breakfast in Bread' and 'Open-Face Artistry'" says Aubrecia Houston, Brand Manager for Arnold®, Brownberry® & Oroweat® Premium Breads. "Once again, we were blown away by the imaginations of our fans and their decisions to meticulously pair some of their favorite ingredients with one of our premium Arnold®, Brownberry® and Oroweat® whole grain bread varieties, including our new Healthfull® breads."
On November 3, 2015, Arnold®, Brownberry® and Oroweat® breads will reveal the sandwiches with the highest scores for this year's five sandwich categories: Creative Classics, Fueling Good, Love, Healthfully, Breakfast in Bread and Open-Face Artistry. These five sandwich aficionados will receive a $5,000 Category Prize and the recipe with the highest overall score will be awarded a $25,000 Grand Prize.
The 15 Finalists in the Arnold®, Brownberry® and Oroweat® bread "2015 America's Better Sandwich" Contest include:
Breakfast in Bread:
- Sugiyarti J. (Glennallen, AK): Green Tea Parfait Sandwich
- Jane M. (Houston, TX): Grilled Southwest Sweet Potato and Egg Breakfast Sandwich
- Kadija B. (Boca Raton, FL): Caribbean Tomato-Pumpkin Breakfast Sandwich
- Edwina G. (Hayden, ID): Thai Sweet Chili Chicken Sandwiches
- Barbara E. (Rhinelander, WI): Plum-Good Grilled Chicken Salad Sandwich
- Kathie G. (Las Vegas, NV): Grilled Yam n' Cheese
- Deborah B. (Omaha, NE): Green Goddess Chicken Sandwich
- Joanne C. (Arlington, IL): Turkey Beeter
- Joyce S. (Bath, ME): Spicy Asian Inspired Chicken Sandwich
- Roxanne C. (Albany, CA): On The Trail Sandwich
- Crystal S. (Northglenn, CO): Beach Picnic Nutty Peach & Chicken Sandwich
- Rachel W. (Mannington, WV): The Chicken and the Egg Power Snack
- Merry G. (Newhall, CA): Spicy Lemon-Honey Berries on Creamy Almond Butter Toast
- Christina B. (Houston, TX): Autumn Butternut Squash Pumpkin Dip on Toast
- Patrice H. (Bemidji, MN): Confetti Shrimp Toast with Bean Basil Pâté
For official rules and to vote for your favorite recipe(s) in the Arnold®, Brownberry® and Oroweat® Bread "America's Better Sandwich" Contest, visit www.AmericasBetterSandwich.com.
About Bimbo Bakeries USA
Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU) is a leader in the baking industry, known for its category leading brands, innovative products, freshness and quality. Our team of more than 23,000 U.S. associates operates more than 60 manufacturing locations in the United States. Our distribution routes deliver our leading brands such as Arnold®, Bimbo®, Boboli®, Brownberry® Entenmann's®, Francisco®, Freihofer's®, Heiners ®, Marinela®, Mrs Baird's®, Oroweat®, Sara Lee®, Stroehmann®, Thomas'®, and Tia Rosa.®
SOURCE Bimbo Bakeries USA