DALLAS, June 1 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- AT&T customers will get to score a hat trick for the 2010 FIFA World Cup™. AT&T is bringing fans more ways than any other provider to follow the 2010 FIFA World Cup™ with live and on demand coverage across the TV, online and mobile devices.
A proud partner of the U.S. Men's National Team, AT&T* today announced its multi-screen delivery of ESPN coverage of the 2010 FIFA World Cup™ and exclusive U.S. Men's National Team content on AT&T U-verse TV, at AT&T U-verse Online and on AT&T mobile phones. AT&T also announced the launch of the 2010 FIFA World Cup™ app that lets you watch up to four ESPN channels featuring soccer matches and content on your U-verse TV screen at one time, including the ability to choose from six different languages.
"The 2010 FIFA World Cup™ from South Africa is one of the most anticipated sporting events in history, and AT&T customers will have more ways to watch all the action on the screens they use most," said Dan York, president of content, AT&T. "AT&T customers will have 64 live ESPN games available live on all three screens: the TV, PC and mobile device. We'll have up to two channels of live matches available on mobile, U-verse TV customers will be able to interact with and follow their favorite teams with our innovative 2010 FIFA World Cup™ app, and live coverage of all matches and exclusive bonus content is available for AT&T High Speed Internet customers."
AT&T's multi-screen delivery of ESPN coverage lets you watch all of the 2010 FIFA World Cup™ matches and more on the screen of your choice, including:
- Live coverage of all 64 matches on AT&T Mobile TV and MobiTV via the ESPN Mobile TV channel and a second channel that will be added to accommodate the airing of overlapping matches. AT&T is the only wireless carrier to offer all 64 matches from ESPN. To subscribe to AT&T Mobile TV or MobiTV, customers can text ATT to 3421. New subscribers to both services receive the first seven days free.
- Replays of select matches will be available through AT&T Mobile TV and MobiTV.
- Full game analysis, player and team profiles and game highlights via AT&T Mobile Video.
- Additionally, with AT&T's National Goal of the Week program, fans can text** GOAL to 22442 to view the best goals of the week and vote for their favorites.
AT&T U-verse TV
- An innovative 2010 FIFA World Cup™ app with ESPN which includes a Multiview that lets you watch up to four ESPN channels at one time and also brings athlete bios, groupings and the latest team standings straight from South Africa to your U-verse TV screen. The Multiview includes ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPN Deportes channels, and additional channels with the ESPN game coverage delivered in Arabic, German, Japanese, Korean and Portuguese — allowing fans to choose Multiview World Cup coverage from six different languages. You can choose which of the channels appears as the main picture with audio. The app is available to every U-verse TV customer at no extra charge on channel 618 and 1618.
- On demand content including replays of each match, 2010 FIFA World Cup™ Draw show, ESPN Press Pass news segments, highlights of all the ESPN matches, video features of athletes and teams competing in South Africa, and historic games from previous World Cup matches.
- Complete live coverage available on ESPN (619 and 1619), ESPN2 (620 and 1620), ESPN Deportes (621 and 1621) and your local ABC affiliate.
- Complete live coverage available to AT&T High Speed Internet customers that log-in at ESPN3.com.
- Access to a daily video featuring previews and analysis of various teams and athletes competing at the 2010 FIFA World Cup™ at att.net/wc, prior to the tournament. Once the tournament begins, you can access daily videos featuring match previews, match recaps, including games and players to watch.
Additional Exclusive Content
In addition to ESPN's coverage, AT&T customers will have exclusive access to content featuring the U.S. Men's National Team's "Road to South Africa" available online at AT&T FanZone, through the U-verse TV On Demand library and on mobile phones through AT&T Mobile Video.
AT&T will also have live, on demand and interactive content available in Spanish.
ESPN coverage of the 2010 FIFA World Cup™ is the latest example of AT&T delivering compelling and converged content across screens at the center of consumers' lives: the TV, PC and mobile phone. AT&T has a unique set of integrated services and networks that make it easy for an audience of millions to enjoy and follow their favorite programming across devices. For the complete array of AT&T offerings, visit www.att.com.
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
**Standard data and messaging rates apply.
AT&T Inc. (NYSE: T) is a premier communications holding company. Its subsidiaries and affiliates – AT&T operating companies – are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and around the world. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation's fastest 3G network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet and voice services. A leader in mobile broadband, AT&T also offers the best wireless coverage worldwide, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV services under the AT&T U-verse® and AT&T | DIRECTV brands. The company's suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world. In domestic markets, AT&T Advertising Solutions and AT&T Interactive are known for their leadership in local search and advertising. In 2010, AT&T again ranked among the 50 Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE® magazine.
Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com. This AT&T news release and other announcements are available at http://www.att.com/newsroom and as part of an RSS feed at www.att.com/rss. Or follow our news on Twitter at @ATTNews. Find us on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/ATT to discover more about our consumer and wireless services or at www.Facebook.com/ATTSmallBiz to discover more about our small business services.
© 2010 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. 3G service not available in all areas. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
AT&T U-verse services are provided by AT&T local telephone companies. Geographic and service restrictions apply to AT&T U-verse. Call or go to www.uverse.att.com to see if you qualify. Customizing options require AT&T U-verse High Speed Internet Service. Wireless phone with Internet access required and standard data charges may apply. Multiview: Channels/content available for viewing in Multiview are based on TV package and additional programming purchased. 2010 FIFA World Cup coverage made available by ESPN and Univision.
Must have qualifying smart phone and AT&T unlimited data plan. Games online delivered through ESPN3; subscription to AT&T broadband service required.
AT&T U-verse received the highest numerical score among television service providers in the South and West in the proprietary J.D. Power and Associates 2008-2009 Residential Television Service Satisfaction Studies(SM). 2009 study based on 28,118 total responses from measuring providers in the South (13) and West (10) regions and measures consumer satisfaction with television service. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of consumers surveyed in January, March and June, 2009. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.
SOURCE AT&T Inc.