DALLAS and CINCINNATI, Jan. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- AT&T* and Vantiv, Inc., a leading provider of payment processing services and related technology solutions, announced today the availability of new payment products that deliver highly secure, integrated and speedy on-the-spot mobile transactions to businesses of all sizes.
Mobile payments represent a market opportunity with significant upside as businesses implement new, more integrated ways to manage their operations and sell to customers. In fact, Forrester Research projects that U.S. mobile payments will reach $90 billion in 2017, representing a 48 percent compound annual growth rate from the $12.8 billion spent in 2012.**
The new solution supports key emerging sales and payment trends that include:
- Field service providers such as plumbers and heating and cooling technicians accepting card payments at customer homes, instead of calling in payments over the phone or mailing bills later.
- Restaurant owners offering a tablet-based, table-side payment option during their busy hours to speed table turnover.
- Retailers capturing and processing customers' email addresses upon payment and running email marketing campaigns to achieve increased customer traffic.
Vantiv Mobile Accept from AT&T is an easy-to-use mobile app that utilizes a card reader to allow businesses to quickly swipe credit, debit or prepaid cards for processing on a smartphone or tablet in a highly secure manner.
Vantiv Mobile Checkout from AT&T is a tablet-based, cloud-connected payment solution that allows businesses to process payments, and access their business data from virtually anywhere. It includes an optional cash drawer, countertop receipt printer, tablet stand and encrypted card reader. Businesses also have the option to purchase tablets and connectivity through AT&T, which has the naton's most reliable 4GLTE network***
These solutions offer businesses:
- The ability to accept card payments in-store or on-the-go.
- Improved cash flow with quicker access to funds.
- Real-time sales history.
- Ability to manage multi-store inventory, employees and timekeeping.
- Tools to drive loyalty and increase sales with email marketing and social media campaigns.
- Live 24/7 customer support with extensive payments industry expertise and AT&T sales support.
"Mobile devices and platforms continue to revolutionize the business of selling," said Mike Troiano, Vice President, Advance Mobility Solutions, AT&T Business Solutions. "Vantiv mobile payment solutions from AT&T can empower businesses of all sizes to seize the mobility opportunity. This is the latest example of AT&T's commitment to deliver the most advanced mobile ecosystem in the industry for our customers."
With the nation's most reliable 4G LTE network and a nationwide sales force serving more than 3 million U.S. business customers, AT&T can help businesses adopt the tools necessary to facilitate mobile payments through its vast retail, sales and support network.
"Working with AT&T is a perfect way to offer businesses a one-stop-shop for integrated mobile products," said Elizabeth Rector, Senior Vice President and General Manager for eCommerce and Mobile at Vantiv. "AT&T's sales force and its retail locations create a powerful new distribution channel for Vantiv's mobile products to reach the millions of businesses who need this important functionality. Together with AT&T, we can help businesses stay ahead of the technology curve, be more efficient and effective and operate their companies anytime, and nearly anywhere.'
Vantiv mobile payment solutions from AT&T start as low as $14.99 per month. Options for hardware leasing and data plan are available to suit a variety of business needs.
For more information, please click here.
AT&T's Outstanding Network
AT&T has the nation's most reliable 4G LTE network as supported by independent third-party data.*** The great performance of AT&T's 4G LTE network continues to be validated by independent third-party testing:
- AT&T's 4G LTE service was recognized as having faster average download and upload speeds than any of its competitors in PCWorld/TechHive's most recent 20-market speed tests – the second consecutive year that AT&T has ranked 1st overall. PCWorld/TechHive also ranked AT&T's as the fastest combination of 3G and 4G services in the 20 cities it tested. ****
- AT&T was named America's fastest 4G LTE network in PC Magazine's 2013 Fastest Mobile Networks 30-market study – and also swept the top rankings in all six U.S. regions from coast to coast: Northeast, Southeast, North-Central, South-Central, Northwest and Southwest. *****
For free business resources such as webinars, case studies, and best practices, visit the AT&T Small Business Solutions website, AT&T Enterprise Business Solutions website, or the Networking Exchange blog. Additionally, real-time information and updates can be found on the AT&T Small Business Facebook page and AT&T Small Business Twitter channel.
* AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
** Forester Research, US Mobile Payments Forecast, 2013 To 2017
*** Reliability claim compares data transfer completion rates on nationwide 4G LTE networks. LTE is a trademark of ETSI. 4G LTE not available everywhere.
**** PCWorld/TechHive, May 23, 2013, "AT&T clocks best overall speeds with 3G/4G combo"
***** PC Magazine, June 17, 2013; http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2420333,00.asp
About Vantiv, Inc.
Vantiv, Inc. is a leading, integrated payment processor differentiated by a single, proprietary technology platform. Vantiv offers a comprehensive suite of traditional and innovative payment processing and technology solutions to merchants and financial institutions of all sizes in the U.S., enabling them to address their payment processing needs through a single provider. We build strong relationships with our customers, helping them become more efficient, more secure and more successful. Vantiv is the third largest merchant acquirer and the largest PIN debit acquirer based on number of transactions in the U.S. The company's growth strategy includes expanding further into high growth payment segments, such as ecommerce, payment facilitation (PayFacTM), mobile, prepaid and information solutions, and attractive industry verticals, such as petroleum, business-to-business, government, healthcare, gaming and education. For more information, visit www.vantiv.com.
AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) is a premier communications holding company and one of the most honored companies in the world. Its subsidiaries and affiliates – AT&T operating companies – are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and internationally. AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet, voice and cloud-based services. A leader in mobile Internet, AT&T also offers the best wireless coverage worldwide of any U.S. carrier, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV services under the AT&T U-verse® and AT&T │DIRECTV brands. The company's suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world.
Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com. This AT&T news release and other announcements are available at http://www.att.com/newsroom and as part of an RSS feed at www.att.com/rss. Or follow our news on Twitter at @ATT.
© 2014 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. Mobile broadband not available in all areas. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies.
SOURCE AT&T Inc.