Sep 26, 2018, 09:00 ET
DALLAS, Sept. 26, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- AT&T* has created a suite of blockchain solutions designed to work with technology from IBM and Microsoft.
Enterprise customers can use these solutions as they automate and digitalize their business processes using blockchain technologies. Customers will have better resources to track and manage information across multiple parties. This applies across vertical industries like manufacturing, retail, healthcare and more.
The goal? To help our customers solve their complex business problems. Today, businesses are constantly looking to reduce costs, risk and simplify business processes. Blockchain creates a shared ecosystem across parties to exchange information in way that is permissioned and highly secure.
We're combining our edge-to-edge capabilities with blockchain technology. Our Internet of Things (IoT) solutions add automation and critical monitoring capabilities. AT&T's consulting team can design, deploy and manage the following blockchain solutions:
- IBM Blockchain – AT&T Solutions can record data on the IBM Blockchain Platform, an enterprise-grade blockchain environment supporting numerous live production networks. Currently operating live blockchain networks at scale, IBM Blockchain supports a broad range of industry use cases including supply chain, provenance and logistics. We're also integrating our AT&T Asset Management Operations Center with IBM Maximo Network on Blockchain and Maximo Asset Health Insights to create secure and accountable service provider networks for infrastructure asset management.
- Microsoft Azure blockchain technology – Microsoft Azure blockchain technology is built on their open, trusted cloud platform. Azure supports a broad set of enterprise ledger protocols including Ethereum, HyperLedger Fabric, Corda, Quorum, and Chain, and offers diverse topologies for dev/test, single member, and multi-member consortiums. Integrations with AT&T's IoT platforms aim to bring additional transparency and accountability to even the most complex supply chains.
AT&T's suite of blockchain solutions can be used across vertical industries such as:
- Manufacturing – Tracks origins and movement of goods through factories and the quality from creation, to delivery, to the consumer.
- Retail – Ensures products' authenticity by tracking them from order delivery, reducing waste and excess stock.
- Healthcare – Helps maintain and allows highly-secure sharing of directories of up-to date patient records.
"Blockchain is far more than just Bitcoin or cryptocurrency. It's transforming the way many companies conduct business," said Andy Daudelin, vice president, Alliances Business Development, AT&T Business. "Blockchain improves security and enables better management of transactions through complex processes. Utilizing our global network and IoT capabilities, AT&T enhances blockchain by providing edge-to-edge solutions that automate the tracking and that can even monitor the environmental conditions throughout the process."
These blockchain solutions are now available in the market today. For more information about AT&T's blockchain solutions, please visit http://www.att.com/blockchain.
*About AT&T Communications
We help family, friends and neighbors connect in meaningful ways every day. From the first phone call 140+ years ago to mobile video streaming, we innovate to improve lives. We have the nation's largest and most reliable network and the nation's best network for video streaming.** We're building FirstNet just for first responders and creating next-generation mobile 5G. With DIRECTV and DIRECTV NOW, we deliver entertainment people love to talk about. Our smart, highly secure solutions serve over 3 million global businesses – nearly all of the Fortune 1000. And worldwide, our spirit of service drives employees to give back to their communities.
AT&T Communications is part of AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T). Learn more at att.com/CommunicationsNews.
AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc. Additional information about AT&T products and services is available at about.att.com. Follow our news on Twitter at @ATT, on Facebook at facebook.com/att and on YouTube at youtube.com/att.
© 2018 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. AT&T, the Globe logo and other marks are trademarks and service marks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
**Coverage not available everywhere. Based on overall coverage in U.S. licensed/roaming areas. Reliability based on voice and data performance from independent 3rd party data.
SOURCE AT&T Inc.
Share this article