CHEYENNE, Wyo., April 13, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- More Wyomingites will have access to the nation's fastest mobile broadband network as AT&T launches service across the state. More than 90,000 former Alltel customers joining AT&T* have seen a change as AT&T has rebranded Alltel to AT&T and is introducing AT&T's exciting lineup of products and services to these customers.(1)
Since its acquisition of the Alltel wireless assets in Wyoming, AT&T has invested significantly to transition the former Alltel network infrastructure to AT&T. Former Alltel customers across the state will now have access to the nation's fastest mobile broadband network and to AT&T's broad portfolio of mobile devices.
"The transition is a leap towards serving all parts of Wyoming and increasing broadband capabilities that our residents want and need, especially in our rural geography," said Representative Peter Illoway. "We have awaited this transition and look forward to utilizing these services to serve our residents and especially our businesses as we build our local economies."
"We're thrilled to expand AT&T's presence in Wyoming and to welcome former Alltel customers to the AT&T community — we're confident that they will enjoy a fantastic wireless experience with AT&T," said Jace Barbin, vice president and general manager for AT&T Mobility and Consumer Markets in the Rocky Mountain Region. "We've been working nonstop to upgrade the Alltel network. AT&T's network integration in Wyoming expands the reach of our mobile broadband network and demonstrates AT&T's ongoing commitment to bring the benefits of mobile broadband to as many Americans as possible, including in rural areas.
"Today we're proud that customers in Wyoming have access not only to the nation's fastest mobile broadband network but also to the broadest international coverage of any U.S. wireless provider — with voice service in more than 220 countries and data service in 200 countries."
The rebranding effort includes the former Alltel stores at:
- 1103 E. Boxelder, Ste 3I, Gillette, 82718
- 1307 Sheridan Ave., Cody, 82414
- 1740A Dell Range Blvd., #12, Cheyenne, 82009
- 360 N. Main St., Sheridan, 82801
- 4070 Plaza Dr., Casper, 82604
- 601 SE Wyoming Blvd., Casper, 82609
As part of the rebranding effort, the following authorized retailers will also offer AT&T products and services:
- Blue Wire locations at:
- 920 E. Richards, Douglas, 82633
- 826 Bighorn Ave., Worland, 82401
- 601 SE Wyoming Blvd., Casper, 82609
- 1400 Dell Range Blvd, Cheyenne, 82009
- 1730 Grand Ave., Ste. 104, Laramie, 82072
- 2657 E. 2nd, Casper, 82609
- All Access Cellular, 149 N. Bent, Powell, 82435
- Advanced Communications Systems, 1807 W. Main St., Newcastle, 82701
- First Place Cellular, 208 E. 2nd St., Gillette, 82718
- Collins Communications, 3795 Collins Rd., Gillette, 82718
- Wild West Cellular locations at:
- 42 S. Main, Buffalo, 82834
- 800 Coffeen Ave., Sheridan, 82801
Trained sales consultants will be available to demonstrate a wide range of AT&T's advanced wireless products and services. Shoppers can also test the latest smartphones, quick messaging devices, netbooks and tablets. Customers can also learn how to get the most from social networking, manage photos or navigate with GPS on exciting exclusive AT&T devices.
In addition, the following national retailer locations will also offer AT&T products and services:
- Radio Shack locations at:
- 129 Cole Shopping Center, Cheyenne, 82001
- 1400 Del Range Rd., Space 5, Cheyenne, 82009
- 318 S. 3rd Ave., Laramie, 82070
- 4065 Cy Ave., Casper, 82604
- 601 SE Wyoming Blvd., Casper, 82609
- 1842 Sugarland Dr., #1111, Sheridan, 82801
- WalMart locations at:
- 1695 Coffeen Ave., Sheridan, 82801
- 2032 Dell Range Blvd., Cheyenne, 82009
- 2300 S. Douglas Hwy, Gillette, 82718
- 321 Yellowstone Ave., Cody, 82414
- 4255 Cy Ave., Casper, 82604
- 4309 Grand Ave., Laramie, 82070
- 4400 E. 2nd St., Casper, 82609
- 923 N. 1st St., Hamilton, 59840
- Best Buy, 601 SE Wyoming Blvd., Casper, 82609
- Sam's Club, 4600 E. 2nd St., Casper, 82609
Former Alltel consumer wireless customers in Wyoming had the option to receive a brand new AT&T handset, comparable to their existing device, at no additional cost.(2) The vast majority of customers choosing free comparable devices are able to keep their existing rate plans, with no additional term commitment required.
Customers may also choose to upgrade their devices with a new two-year contract, an AT&T rate plan and any associated data plan.(3) Customers choosing an AT&T rate plan can enjoy Mobile to Any Mobile, which gives customers unlimited calling to any mobile number in the United States, and A-List with Rollover®, exclusive to AT&T, which offers unlimited calling to up to 10 additional numbers on any network and allows customers to keep their unused Anytime Minutes for up to 12 months.(4)
AT&T will transition service for former Alltel subscribers over the coming weeks and is committed to ensuring a smooth transition for all customers. Prior to customers' transition dates, AT&T will communicate by text message and soundbite with customers the specific date and details of their transition to AT&T, and in the meantime, their existing devices will continue to work on the legacy Alltel network.
Customers with questions about the transition process may visit www.att.com/alltel, call (800) 331-0500 or speak with an AT&T sales representative at a local retail location.
(1) AT&T is introducing service in Wyoming as a result of its acquisition of wireless assets from Verizon Wireless on June 22, 2010. The change affects former Alltel customers in Casper and in Albany, Big Horn, Campbell, Converse, Crook, Goshen, Hot Springs, Johnson, Laramie, Niobrara, Park, Platte, Sheridan, Washakie and Weston Counties.
(2) Applies only to postpaid customers with a contract. Customers with laptop cards and netbooks may not have a choice of devices, but they are eligible for a comparable new device at no additional charge.
(3) Customers upgrading their devices must pay current AT&T prices for their device.
(4) Mobile to Any Mobile: Messaging Unlimited Plan required. Available on select AT&T Nation & Family Talk plans. International and roaming calls not included. Not available on AT&T Viva Mexico or Nation with Canada plans. Calls to directory assistance, voice mail, pay-per-use call routing and forwarding numbers not included. Text, picture, video and instant messages must be sent to and/or received from within the AT&T nationwide coverage area. A-List is available only with Individual plans $59.99 and over per month and FamilyTalk plan $89.99 or over per month. Other terms and conditions apply. Unused Rollover Minutes expire after the 12th billing period of the month minutes have been accumulated. Night and Weekend and Mobile to Mobile Minutes not included.
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
AT&T Inc. (NYSE: T) is a premier communications holding company. Its subsidiaries and affiliates – AT&T operating companies – are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and around the world. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation's fastest mobile broadband network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet, voice and cloud-based services. A leader in mobile broadband and emerging 4G capabilities, AT&T also offers the best wireless coverage worldwide of any U.S. carrier, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV services under the AT&T U-verse® and AT&T |DIRECTV brands. The company's suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world. In domestic markets, AT&T Advertising Solutions and AT&T Interactive are known for their leadership in local search and advertising.
Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com. This AT&T news release and other announcements are available at http://www.att.com/newsroom and as part of an RSS feed at www.att.com/rss. Or follow our news on Twitter at @ATT.
© 2011 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. Mobile broadband not available in all areas. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies.
SOURCE AT&T Inc.