DALLAS, March 8, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- AT&T* today announced the upcoming South by Southwest Workshop, Mobility Everywhere: Beyond the Smartphone. The workshop will take place Tuesday, March 15 at 11:00 a.m. CDT in the Capitol A-D room at the Sheraton. Mobility Everywhere: Beyond the Smartphone will bring together some of the industry's leading experts on both mobile devices and applications to offer practical advice on bringing wireless connectivity to a host of new devices.
AT&T is the industry leader in emerging devices, with nearly 11 million connected devices – including tablet computers, eReaders, and digital photoframes – now on the AT&T network. The company also has an industry leading developer's program, offering SDKs and tools for Android, Brew MP, HTML5 and Java platforms.
Beginning Tuesday, March 15 at 11:00 a.m., the workshop will be divided into three sections.
- Stephanie Ellenberg, associate vice president, Product Development, AT&T, will discuss the disruption of the traditional wireless device model and how new devices are becoming grass-roots initiatives. Peter Semmelhack, CEO and founder, Bug Labs, will demonstrate the Bug Labs platform.
- Ed Schmit, director, Product Development, AT&T, and Daren Tsui, CEO and co-founder, mSpot, will touch on the integration of HTML5 and media.
- Panel hosted by Avi Greengart, research director, Consumer Devices, Current Analysis, to feature:
- Carlton Hill, vice president, Device Operations, AT&T Mobility and Consumer Markets
- Cameron Coursey, associate vice president, Product Development, AT&T Emerging Devices Organization
- Peter Semmelhack, CEO and founder, Bug Labs
- Daren Tsui, CEO and co-founder, mSpot
- Sean Rosenberg, managing director, Grapple Mobile
- Members of the band Atomic Tom
For more information on Mobility Everywhere: Beyond the Smartphone, visit http://schedule.sxsw.com/events/event_IAP8188.
For the complete array of AT&T offerings, visit www.att.com.
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
AT&T Inc. (NYSE: T) is a premier communications holding company. Its subsidiaries and affiliates – AT&T operating companies – are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and around the world. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation's fastest mobile broadband network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet and voice services. A leader in mobile broadband, AT&T also offers the best wireless coverage worldwide, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV services under the AT&T U-verse® and AT&T | DIRECTV brands. The company's suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world. In domestic markets, AT&T Advertising Solutions and AT&T Interactive are known for their leadership in local search and advertising.
Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com. This AT&T news release and other announcements are available at http://www.att.com/newsroom and as part of an RSS feed at www.att.com/rss. Or follow our news on Twitter at @ATT. Find us on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/ATT to discover more about our consumer and wireless services or at www.Facebook.com/ATTSmallBiz to discover more about our small business services.
© 2011 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. Mobile broadband not available in all areas. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies.
SOURCE AT&T Inc.