TRENTON, N.J., June 1 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- To address growing demand for advanced wireless and wired data products and services, AT&T* today announced the opening of a new retail store at 102 South Warren Street in Trenton, NJ. There will be a ribbon cutting ceremony today at 11 a.m.; Grand Opening festivities are scheduled for June 9-12.
The Trenton store, which is staffed with representatives who are fluent in both English and Spanish, is the latest addition to AT&T's bilingual retail portfolio in the Greater Philadelphia area. AT&T has more than three of these wireless retail locations in this area with bilingual representatives.
"Area residents are quickly embracing the newest in wireless technology," said Senator Shirley Turner (D-15). "I'm pleased that AT&T is opening a new store in Trenton to enrich the city's shopping experience and to give us convenient access to the latest communication products and devices."
"We are excited to unveil this new store in Trenton and welcome the public to visit us," said Dan Lafond, vice president and general manager of AT&T in Central and Eastern Pennsylvania. "Our specially trained sales team can provide demonstrations on the latest smartphones that let you talk, text and tweet as well as today's hottest new mini laptops or exciting wireless applications like GPS."
The Trenton store will be managed by James Sanchez along with a staff of 8 employees trained to assist customers – both business and consumer – with purchasing decisions, customer service and support. Hours of operation are Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 9 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
"The opening of this new wireless store marks AT&T's continued commitment to invest in New Jersey," said J. Michael Schweder, President, AT&T New Jersey. "Through its retail operations, AT&T is proud to help spur business and fuel economic growth, especially here in our state's capitol."
The store offers a comprehensive portfolio of advanced wireless products and services, all of which customers can experience throughout the store. These include:
- Smartphones & Messaging. The latest e-mail and quick messaging devices all under one roof. These socially supercharged smartphones are ideal devices for active consumers who like to stay connected whether using IM, text or email, sending multimedia messages, or updating and connecting via their favorite social networks.
- What's Hot. Customers can review the latest and greatest 3G wireless devices that allow users to download music, stream video and surf the Web.
- Small Business. The location also has a kiosk highlighting the latest AT&T products and services designed with the small business owner in mind.
- Laptop Solutions. Mobile broadband-enabled netbooks. The brand new netbooks feature 10-inch screens, weigh less than 3 pounds and are ultra portable and operate on the nation's fastest 3G network.
- Basics and GoPhone. For the avid texter, customers can browse the latest Quick Messaging Phones offered from AT&T while checking out GoPhone®, our popular prepaid service, and an assortment of wireless handsets.
- AT&T ConnecTech®. Includes nationwide next day in-home service and 24/7 remote support for netbook installation and setup, laptop performance optimization and diagnosis, peripheral device and wireless network installation, and/or a home network security audit. AT&T ConnecTech services are available for in-store purchase.
AT&T's wireless products and services are also available at many national retailers including Radio Shack, Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Kmart and Costco and at authorized locations across the area and online at www.att.com/wireless.
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
** See store for details about discounts and promotions
AT&T Inc. (NYSE: T) is a premier communications holding company. Its subsidiaries and affiliates – AT&T operating companies – are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and around the world. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation's fastest 3G network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet and voice services. A leader in mobile broadband, AT&T also offers the best wireless coverage worldwide, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV services under the AT&T U-verse(SM) and AT&T | DIRECTV(SM) brands. The company's suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world. In domestic markets, AT&T Advertising Solutions and AT&T Interactive are known for their leadership in local search and advertising. In 2010, AT&T again ranked among the 50 Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE® magazine.
Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com. This AT&T news release and other announcements are available at http://www.att.com/newsroom and as part of an RSS feed at www.att.com/rss. Or follow our news on Twitter at @ATTNews. Find us on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/ATT to discover more about our consumer and wireless services or at www.Facebook.com/ATTSmallBiz to discover more about our small business services.
© 2010 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. 3G service not available in all areas. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE AT&T Inc.