NEWTON, Mass., March 9, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Attivio (www.attivio.com), the Data Dexterity Company, today announced $31 million in financing as well as record results for its most recent fiscal year. License bookings surged 150% YOY, license revenue increased 100% YOY, and the renewal rate was 95%. The new investment, combined with strong financial performance, signal a breakout moment for the company, as it accelerates into the Big Data market. The total investment in Attivio now stands at $102 million, and the investors are targeting the company turning profitable later this year. Attivio is backed by Oak Investment Partners, General Electric Pension Trust, Tenth Avenue Holdings, and Per-Olof Soderberg.
"Our increased investment underscores our belief that Attivio has game-changing capabilities for enterprises that have yet to unlock the full value of Big Data," said Edward F. Glassmeyer, Managing Partner of Oak Investment Partners. "Specifically, Chief Data Officers who are trying to compete on analytics will really like Attivio's unique ability to connect the dots that unify data across silos."
Six of the world's ten largest full service investment banks now rely on Attivio, as the company has expanded its customer base in Financial Services. New customers were also added across High Tech, Life Sciences, and Energy sectors.
"We had a watershed year in 2015," said Stephen Baker, CEO of Attivio. "We launched Data Source Discovery for the BI market to radically reduce the time it takes to prepare data for analysis," continued Baker. "Meanwhile, two top analyst firms separately acknowledged us as a leader in the enterprise search market, which is where our journey began. We're uniquely positioned to help enterprises gain immediate visibility into all the right information."
- Expanded into the Big Data market with a new solution, Data Source Discovery, which provides an Amazon-like experience to radically accelerate data preparation
- Welcomed Thermo Fisher Scientific as an anchor client of Attivio version 5, joining top tier brands already using the platform including, Citi, Qualcomm, UBS, GE, Nexen, and National Instruments, among others
Expanded Partner Ecosystem
- Exclusive OEM agreement with PerkinElmer, bolstering their presence in Pharmaceuticals and Life Sciences
- Strategic global OEM agreement with Verint Systems, a world leader in Actionable Intelligence
- Technical alliance with Hortonworks, complementing existing agreements with BI vendors Tableau, TIBCO Spotfire, and Qlik
- Named a Leader in the 2015 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Search
- Named a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Big Data Search and Knowledge Discovery Solutions, Q3 2015
Attivio, the Data Dexterity Company, provides software that empowers its customers to get their hands on the right data and to work with it to quickly get it to the point of informing decisions. At Attivio, we believe that there is tremendous untapped value in enterprise information ecosystems. Many of the world's leading brands rely on us to gain immediate visibility into all of their information, not just the data sitting in known databases. Our data obsession means that our customers don't just manage their data; they achieve true Data Dexterity to crush deadlines, transform productivity, achieve global impact, and act with certainty. For more information, please visit www.attivio.com.