SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., Aug. 9, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Axon Public Safety Australia, a subsidiary of Axon Enterprise (Nasdaq: AAXN), the global leader in connected law enforcement technologies, today announced that Tasmania Police in Australia is rolling out more than 750 Axon Body 2 cameras backed by the Evidence.com cloud solution to help store, manage and share digital data. Tasmania Police also purchased Axon Citizen, a public evidence submission tool that allows police agencies to securely receive videos and photos from the community. This order was received in the second quarter of 2018.
"With the adoption of body-worn camera and Evidence.com technology, Tasmania Police will be transformed," says Nathan Sawtell, Axon's Managing Director for Asia Pacific. "They are now among four significant police agencies in Australia to have booked seats on the Axon network including Northern Territory, Queensland and Victoria."
"We are positive about the many benefits body-worn cameras will bring to Tasmania Police and the Tasmanian community," says Tasmania Commissioner of Police, Darren Hine. "The community can take comfort in the fact that the use of body-worn cameras positively contributes towards the professionalism and accountability of police officers."
Axon is a network of devices, apps, and people that helps law enforcement become smarter and safer. Our mission is to Protect Life. Our technologies give law enforcement and public safety personnel the confidence, focus and time they need to keep their communities safe. Our products impact every aspect of an officer's day-to-day experience:
- In the field - Our Smart Weapons offer a less-lethal intermediate use of force response and our body-worn and in-car cameras collect video evidence to capture the truth of an incident; and our mobile applications enable simple evidence collection.
- At the station - Our secure, cloud-based digital evidence management solution allows officers and command staff to manage, review, share, and process digital evidence using forensic, redaction, transcription, and other tools.
- In the courtroom - Our solutions for prosecutors make collaborating across jurisdictions and agencies easy so that cases can be resolved quickly.
We work hard for those who put themselves in harm's way for all of us. To date, there are more than 300,000 software seats booked on the Axon Network around the world and more than 203,000 lives and countless dollars have been saved with the Axon Network of devices, apps, and people. Learn more at www.axon.com or by calling (800) 978-2737.
Axon, Axon Body 2, Axon Citizen, Axon Citizen, Axon Network, the "Delta Logo," Evidence.com, and "Protect Life" are trademarks of Axon Enterprise, Inc., some of which are registered in the US and other countries. For more information, visit www.axon.com/legal. All rights reserved.
Follow Axon here:
- Axon on Twitter: https://twitter.com/axon_us
- Axon on Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/Axon.ProtectLife/
Note to Investors
Please visit http://investor.axon.com, https://www.axon.com/press, www.twitter.com/axon_us and https://www.facebook.com/Axon.ProtectLife/ where Axon discloses information about the company, its financial information, and its business.
Visit our Investor Relations Safe Harbor Statement at: http://investor.axon.com/safeHarbor.cfm