CAMBRIDGE, England and SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 27 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Autonomy Corporation plc (LSE: AU. or AU.L), a global leader in infrastructure software for the enterprise, today introduced the industry's most comprehensive, flexible and cost-effective consolidated archiving solutions. Powered by meaning-based technology, Autonomy offers these solutions on-site, in the cloud or on an appliance, covering every size of organization, types of data and applications to meet the diverse needs of today's legal market.
Traditionally, organizations require many hardware systems and IT staff in order to maintain their email archives. This approach creates ever-increasing IT overhead costs, as users generate massive amounts of content each day. With Autonomy, organizations now have the option of implementing an email archiving platform without the need for significant hardware, software, and IT personnel resources. Autonomy's consolidated archiving and email management solutions allow customers to match their business requirements with the appropriate archiving solution, including email management, eDiscovery or information governance. For the first time, organizations can determine which approach is best for them, including on-site, in the cloud or as an appliance. Corporation can also establish appropriate user access policy, including secured self service, if required.
Autonomy's next-generation email archiving and management solutions automatically ingest, de-duplicate, index and extract metadata from all data types, including audio, video, web sites and SharePoint files. Autonomy IDOL automatically understands how to manage each piece of content, thus eliminating the burden of acquiring, implementing and managing local compliance grade storage, including the time and cost associated with backups, administration, software upgrades and technical support. The Autonomy solutions consist of:
- Arcpliance – An on-premise digital archiving appliance that leverages the next-generation archiving capabilities of Autonomy Digital Safe to provide a turn-key and cost-effective archiving appliance. The appliance is ideal for mid-sized businesses or organizations seeking a simplified yet scalable solution for specific tasks – such as archiving application, divisional, or location-specific data.
- Digital Safe – A cloud-based archiving solution which manages the world's largest cloud-based archive at over 13 petabytes and currently archives at a rate of three million data objects per hour.
- DSmail – A turnkey email archiving solution with end user web access (without stubbing) and basic governance and legal hold functions. DSmail is ideal for any size organization that is looking to start their investment in governance with affordable, cloud-based email archiving.
- DSplus– Designed for companies in regulated industries as well as those embarking on a proactive governance campaign, DSplus offers advanced, meaning-based functions for monitoring, proactive policy management, ingestion of additional types of content, and advanced tools for compliance.
- DSprofessional – Consolidated archiving and governance platform that applies advanced, meaning-based tools for search, eDiscovery, legal hold, classification and desktop collections to 400+ repositories and 1000+ file types.
- Enterprise Archiving Solution (EAS) – A highly scalable on-premise solution that captures and preserves electronically stored information (ESI) for litigation readiness, information governance, and storage optimization.
- WorkSite's Email Management – Built on Autonomy IDOL, the solution delivers the industry's first "suggestive filing" capability, allowing the computer to anticipate where the user would want to file the emails and recommend the appropriate location to the users. This helps to alleviate filing burdens for users and saves them time and increases their productivity. The iManage Email Management solution allows accessibility from multiple file formats and file types, including Microsoft Outlook, IBM Lotus Notes, the Web, as well as mobile devices, such as the Apple iPhone.
"Autonomy ZANTAZ has a deep heritage in email archiving and now organizations are offered a broader range of solutions to help them manage their email archives effectively," said Mike Sullivan, CEO of Autonomy ZANTAZ. "The Autonomy's consolidated archiving solutions represent a turning point for organizations' email management, eDiscovery and governance initiatives. By providing the industry's most comprehensive and cost effective email archiving and management platform, organizations no longer need to handle the daunting task of email archiving by themselves. Autonomy is empowering global corporations and law firms of all sizes to compete and thrive in today's turbulent and fast changing business environment."
Please visit www.autonomy.com/consolidated-archiving for more information.
Autonomy Corporation plc (LSE: AU. or AU.L), a global leader in infrastructure software for the enterprise, spearheads the Meaning Based Computing movement. IDC recently recognized Autonomy as having the largest market share and fastest growth in the worldwide search and discovery market. Autonomy's technology allows computers to harness the full richness of human information, forming a conceptual and contextual understanding of any piece of electronic data, including unstructured information, such as text, email, web pages, voice, or video. Autonomy's software powers the full spectrum of mission-critical enterprise applications including pan-enterprise search, customer interaction solutions, information governance, end-to-end eDiscovery, records management, archiving, business process management, web content management, web optimization, rich media management and video and audio analysis.
Autonomy's customer base is comprised of more than 20,000 global companies, law firms and federal agencies including: AOL, BAE Systems, BBC, Bloomberg, Boeing, Citigroup, Coca Cola, Daimler AG, Deutsche Bank, DLA Piper, Ericsson, FedEx, Ford, GlaxoSmithKline, Lloyds Banking Group, NASA, Nestlé, the New York Stock Exchange, Reuters, Shell, Tesco, T-Mobile, the U.S. Department of Energy, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. More than 400 companies OEM Autonomy technology, including Symantec, Citrix, HP, Novell, Oracle, Sybase and TIBCO. The company has offices worldwide. Please visit www.autonomy.com to find out more.
Autonomy and the Autonomy logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autonomy Corporation plc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Autonomy Editorial Contacts:
+1 408 771 6668
The Red Consultancy (US)
+1 415 618 8806
The Red Consultancy (UK)
+44 207 0256529
Financial Dynamics (UK)
+44 207 831 3113
SOURCE Autonomy Corporation plc