NEW YORK, Sept. 13, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Aviation Week Network today announced the finalists for the 2018 Program Excellence Awards. Winners will be announced at the Annual Program Excellence Awards Banquet to be held at 6:30 p.m. on October 24, 2018 at the Ritz-Carlton Tysons Corner in McLean, Virginia.
The awards, initiated in 2004 by industry, government and academic leaders, were conceived as a means to share lessons learned across the industry. "The aerospace and defense industry is highly integrated, and industry leaders believed it was imperative to the success of all global companies and their efforts to solve some of society's toughest problems that they work together," said Greg Hamilton, Aviation Week Network president. "There is no better way to absorb lessons learned than to come together to share, debate and move forward together."
Working with Aviation Week Network on the Program Excellence initiative are Boeing, Elbit Systems of America, General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Honeywell Aerospace, Lockheed Martin, Moog Inc., Northrop Grumman, Raytheon and Rockwell Collins.
Finalists this year are:
Supplier R&D/System Design and Development
- Raytheon Visible Infrared Imaging Radiometer Suite, Angela Juranek, Program Manager
- Rockwell Collins KC-390 Cargo Handling Aerial Delivery Control System, James Griffin, Senior Program Manager
- UTC Aerospace Systems ACES 5 Ejection Seat, John Hampton, Sr. Manager Escape System Engineering
- Elbit Systems of America Semi-active Laser Seeker for Laser Joint Direct Attack Munition, John Flippen, Program Manager
- Raytheon Precision Guided Munitions International Expansion, Evelyn Rafferty, Sr. Manager
- Honeywell Aerospace DU-1310 Touchscreen Program, Vishnu Anapureddy, Sr. Program Manager
- Northrop Grumman Global Adaptive Planning-Collaborative Information Environment (GAP-CIE), Joshua Sagucio, Program Manager
- Rolls-Royce Dry Ice and Vision Robot System, Mike Hess, Chief of Production, and Deron Smith, Engineering Technical Specialist
- Lockheed Martin High Mobility Artillery Rocket System/Guided Multiple Launch Rocket System Sea-Based Expeditionary Fires System, Eric Davidson, Systems Engineer
- RCEVS (Rockwell Collins Elbit Systems of America Vision Systems) F-35 Helmet Mounted Display Systems, Robert Hess, Program Director for Elbit Systems of America, and Bret Tinkey, Program Director for Rockwell Collins
OEM R&D/Systems Design and Development
- Boeing F-15 Advanced Display Core Processor II, Jason Brandstetter, Program Manager
- Lockheed Martin Global Positioning System III, Johnathon Caldwell, Program Manager
- Northrop Grumman E-2D Aerial Refueling, Bryan Pellatt, Program Manager
- Raytheon Joint Polar Satellite System Common Ground Station, Anthony Bush, Program Director
- Pratt & Whitney AutoAir Transformation Team, Conor Tracy, General Manager
- Raytheon Advanced Medium-Range Air-to-Air Missile (AMRAAM®), Samuel Deneke, Program Director
OEM Aftermarket (Modifications and MRO)
- Boeing Italian Air Force KC-767A Tanker Performance Based Logistics Program, Robert Abernathy, Program Manager
- Elbit Systems of America ASTARS III, Mark Talluto, Program Manager
- Lockheed Martin F-16 IRAQ, Paul Jones, Program Director
- Northrop Grumman Global Hawk Multi-Spectral MS-177 Sensor Integration, Damien Smith, Program Manager
Sponsored by Siemens, the Program Excellence effort also includes the annual DefenseChain Conference. The conference will be held October 23-24, 2018, also at The Ritz-Carlton, Tyson's Corner in McLean, Virginia. For information about the agenda and to register, visit https://defensechain.aviationweek.com/en/home.html
For more information about all Aviation Week Network events, visit aviationweek.com/events
ABOUT AVIATION WEEK NETWORK
Aviation Week Network is the largest multimedia information and services provider for the global aviation, aerospace and defense industries that has a database of 1.7 million professionals around the world. Industry professionals rely on Aviation Week Network for analysis, marketing and intelligence. Customers include the world's leading manufacturers, suppliers, airlines, business aviation operators, militaries, governments and other organizations that serve this global market. The product portfolio includes Aviation Week & Space Technology, AC-U-KWIK, Aircraft Blue Book, Airportdata.com, Air Charter Guide, Air Transport World, AviationWeek.com, Aviation Week Intelligence Network, Business & Commercial Aviation, Inside MRO, MRO-Network.com, MRO Prospector, ShowNews, SpeedNews, Fleet and MRO forecasts, Fleet Discovery, global maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) tradeshows and aerospace & defense conferences. Aviation Week Network is an Informa business.
About Informa Exhibitions
With over 200 trade and consumer exhibitions annually, Informa Exhibitions is a global market leader in such end markets as Boating, Beauty, Construction & Real Estate, Life Sciences, Maritime, Health & Nutrition, Agriculture and Pop Culture. Through face to face and digital channels, its transaction-oriented exhibitions enable communities to engage, experience and do business. In doing so, Informa brings together people who want to buy and sell, network, do business and gain inspiration. Industry insight, coupled with an innovative and entrepreneurial approach, provides Informa Exhibitions customers and partners with the opportunity to create business advantage and access markets.
Director, Marketing Communications
Aviation Week Network
SOURCE Aviation Week Network