NEW YORK, Oct. 3, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Aviation Week Network today announced the release of its 2018 Fleet & MRO Forecasts. Prepared by data and analytical experts at the largest information provider for the global aviation, aerospace and defense industry, the Aviation Week forecasts offer in-depth analysis in four sectors -- Commercial Aviation, Military, Business Aviation and Helicopter -- across geographical regions including Africa, Asia-Pacific, China, Eastern Europe, India, Latin America, Middle East, North America and Western Europe.
Aviation Week's 2018 Fleet & MRO Forecasts assist industry professionals in discovering new business opportunities for OEMs, Suppliers, MRO and other service providers by aircraft type, engine family, other major components, and more. The forecasts also offer insight into fleet makeup and distribution by country, region and operator as it stands today, as well as in the future.
Aviation Week's 2018 Fleet & MRO Forecasts are based on unbiased data and predictive intelligence gathered by Aviation Week Network's data and analytical team. These experts – along with advisory boards – create trustworthy forecasts and offer reliable data that simplifies predicting market opportunities.
"Our 2018 aerospace market forecasts combine superior fleet data, MRO cost projections and analytics with the integrity that is the hallmark of Aviation Week Network. The resulting products provide aviation industry professionals with tools to garner insight into the diverse markets and analysis to help drive new business, maximize revenue and minimize risk," said Brian Kough, Director, Forecasts & Aerospace Insights, Aviation Week Intelligence Network.
Among the findings within Aviation Week's 2018 Fleet & MRO Forecasts are:
- Strong growth continues for Western-built commercial aircraft. Fleet growth will increase at a 3.1% rate over the coming decade with the Asia-Pacific region leading growth by both volume and value of deliveries, while North America's fleet strength will continue to surpass both the Asia Pacific and Western Europe regions by 2027.
- Commercial 10-year aircraft MRO will, for the first time, exceed $1 trillion in requirements over the upcoming decade, with Boeing and Airbus manufactured aircraft responsible for nearly 90% of this demand.
- Business aviation's fleet will see muted growth at only 1.5% fleet growth on deliveries of over 11,000 jet and turboprop aircraft over the decade. North America will continue to dominate the world's fleet strength; Textron Aviation should dominate unit deliveries at 27% over the decade.
- The worldwide western-produced helicopter deliveries of $45 billion will produce sluggish fleet growth to nearly 30,650 turbine aircraft by 2027, but with a 10-year MRO requirement of $81 billion predominantly in North America and Western Europe.
New features of the 2018 Fleet & MRO Forecasts include the addition of:
- Multi-Mission details of military aircraft within the online interface, allowing for enhanced specifics and analysis within all filter and sort functions;
- Delivery and retirement type details, providing a more granular view into Commercial retirements and deliveries;
- Operator and owner country filter options within the Business Aviation forecast; and
- Filterable SAR/Hoist indicator field in the Helicopter forecast.
For more information or to subscribe, call +1.866.857.0148 (outside North America, call +1.847.763.9147).
ABOUT AVIATION WEEK NETWORK
The Aviation Week Network is the largest multimedia information and services provider for the global aviation, aerospace and defense industries that has a database of 1.2 million professionals around the world. Industry professionals rely on Aviation Week for analysis, marketing and intelligence. Customers include the world's leading manufacturers, suppliers, airlines, business aviation operators, militaries, governments and other organizations that serve this global market. The product portfolio includes Aviation Week & Space Technology, AC-U-KWIK, Aircraft Blue Book, Airportdata.com, Air Charter Guide, Air Transport World, AviationWeek.com, Aviation Week Intelligence Network, Business & Commercial Aviation, ShowNews, SpeedNews, Fleet and MRO forecasts, global maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) tradeshows and aerospace & defense conferences.
Aviation Week Network is part of Informa, the international business intelligence, academic publishing, knowledge and events group. Informa serves commercial, professional and academic communities, helping them connect and learn, and creating and providing access to content and intelligence that helps people and businesses work smarter and make better decisions faster.
Informa has over 7,500 colleagues in more than 20 countries and a presence in all major geographies. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Director, Marketing Communications
Aviation Week Network
SOURCE Aviation Week Network