BASKING RIDGE, N.J., June 30 /PRNewswire/ -- Verizon Wireless said today that a wide variety of full-length programs from Azteca America, the alternative choice in broadcast television for Spanish-speaking families residing in the United States, are now playing on V CAST Video, available on the nation's most reliable and largest wireless voice and 3G data network.
"We're excited to continue offering top-notch Azteca America programming on new platforms. V CAST Video gives users a unique selection of unmatched high-quality video on the go," said Rawdon Messenger, director of new media for Azteca America.
"Verizon Wireless continues to add to the choices available to customers using V CAST Video, and Azteca's line-up of Spanish-language shows offers great entertainment and sports," said Terry Denson, vice president of content acquisition and strategy at Verizon.
"Azteca America has some of the most popular Spanish-language programming on television. We are bringing the very best of Azteca America to Verizon Wireless phones with daily entertainment news shows such as 'Ventaneando' and exciting, full-length sports, drama and telenovela titles," said Maryann Moschides, president of Red Planet Media.
The Azteca America offerings on V CAST Video include top programs in entertainment, drama, sports and telenovelas.
- "Ventaneando" – The hottest celebrity news from Mexico and the United States. The program is hosted by Pati Chapoy, Atala Sarmiento, Daniel Bisogno, Ricardo Casares, Jimena Perez and Pedro Sola, featuring a studio in Mexico City and mobile units in Southern California and South Florida.
- "ExtraNormal" – A program that takes a closer look at the paranormal with the most astonishing stories, testimonies and first-hand experiences.
- "Al Extremo" – A high-impact television news magazine program that features human interest stories, police tales, miraculous events, entertainment news and all the scandal that can fit on a television screen.
- "Lo que la Gente Cuenta" – Terror and suspense-filled tales of people who swear they've experienced paranormal encounters.
- "Lo Que Callamos las Mujeres" – A single-episode series that presents the biggest challenges facing women in their daily struggles. The program resolves issues such as infidelity, anorexia, sexual abuse, domestic violence and discrimination through scripted drama.
- "El Milagro de Los Santos" – A program about searching for faith and hope. This single-episode dramatic series inspires belief by miracles as characters begin journeys that are inspired by the saints that are present on Mexican street corners, an image kept in a wallet or purse, or even parts of popular sayings and expressions.
- "Antesala Deportiva" – A sports commentary and analysis show hosted by Carlos Guerrero and Paco Gonzalez that features detailed highlights of your favorite games, as well as expert opinions on games to come.
- "Bellezas Indomables" – The story of three beautiful sisters who live the good life until an unfortunate turn of events leaves them penniless. Forced to make it on their own, each sister seeks true love. Maria Fernanda is reunited with her nanny's son, Manuel, but their love must overcome the greed and jealousy of the evil Gregorio.
- "Cuando Seas Mia" – Paloma works as a coffee picker but strives for a better life. She finds her knight in Diego, an heir to the plantation. However, as a battle to control the family business arises, their love is in jeopardy.
- "La Heredera" – Maria Claudia is the daughter of one of Latin America's most successful entrepreneurs. Upon returning from MBA studies abroad, she discovers that her father plans to name her as the sole heir to his fortune. But, Maria Claudia unexpectedly finds love when her plane crashes and the Mexican-American soldier Antonio not only saves her life, but also opens her heart.
V CAST Video customers can view full episodes of their favorite shows as well as live sports events, including the 2010 FIFA World Cup™. Content from Azteca America can be found on V CAST-capable phones in the Media Center/Get It Now® under V CAST Video/Latino/Azteca America. Customers with select BlackBerry® smartphones can find Azteca America content on their devices under Menu/V CAST Video/Latino/Azteca America, and customers with Android smartphones can find the app in Android Market™ by searching for V CAST Video.
V CAST Video on Demand is available for a $10 monthly subscription. There are no megabyte charges to download, stream or watch V CAST content with any V CAST subscription; however, customers must subscribe to a data package for a data usage allowance. For more information about V CAST Video, including how to subscribe, visit www.verizonwireless.com/vcast.
For more information about Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable and largest wireless voice and 3G data network, serving nearly 93 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 81,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
About Azteca America
Azteca America is the alternative choice in broadcast television for Spanish speaking families residing in the United States. Azteca America operates in 70 markets nationwide and can also be seen on DIRECTV Mas Channel 441 (AZA 441), as well as DISH Network Channel 825. Wholly owned by Mexican broadcaster TV Azteca, S.A. de C.V., Azteca America has access to the best programming from TV Azteca's three national networks, including a library with over 200,000 hours of original programming and news from local bureaus in 32 Mexican states. The network complements Mexican programming with an innovative line-up of shows from international producers and distributors to ensure the finest programming for Spanish-speaking viewers and unique advertising solutions for partners seeking to reach the most dynamic market in the country. Visit Azteca America at: www.aztecaamerica.com.
About Red Planet Media
Red Planet Media, Inc. is a mobile video distribution services company that provides end-to-end mobile distribution solutions to video content owners, producers and advertisers, enabling them to effortlessly deliver video assets to mobile phones worldwide. For more information visit Red Planet Media at www.redplanetmedia.com.
SOURCE Verizon Wireless