BUENOS AIRES, Argentina, Feb. 17, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Banco Macro S.A. (NYSE: BMA; BCBA: BMA) ("Banco Macro" or "BMA" or the "Bank") announced today its results for the fourth quarter ended December 31, 2015 ("4Q15"). All figures are in Argentine pesos (Ps.) and have been prepared in accordance with Argentine GAAP.
- The Bank's net income totaled Ps.2.0 billion in 4Q15. This result was 78% higher than the Ps.1.1 billion posted in the third quarter of 2015 ("3Q15") and 242% higher than the Ps.575 million reported in the fourth quarter of 2014 ("4Q14"). In 4Q15, the accumulated annualized return on average equity ("ROAE") and the accumulated annualized return on average assets ("ROAA") were 37.2% and 5.8%, respectively.
- In 4Q15, Banco Macro's financing to the private sector grew 11% or Ps.6.1 billion quarter over quarter ("QoQ") totaling Ps.62.9 billion. Among commercial loans, growth was driven by mortgage loans and documents (mainly productive investments loans with mortgage guarantee according to Communication "A" 5319, "A" 5380, "A" 5449, "A" 5516, "A" 5600, "A" 5681, "A" 5771 and it´s corresponding modifications of BCRA), grew 21% and 13% QoQ, respectively. Meanwhile within consumer loans, credit cards and personal loans rose 30% and 9% QoQ, respectively.
- In 4Q15, Banco Macro's total deposits grew 10% QoQ, totaling Ps.76.5 billion and representing 86% of the Bank's total liabilities. Private sector deposits grew 14% QoQ.
- Banco Macro continued showing a strong solvency ratio, with excess capital of Ps.6.9 billion (20.8% capitalization ratio). In addition, the Bank's liquid assets remained at an adequate level, reaching 38.4% of its total deposits in 4Q15.
- In 4Q15, the Bank's non-performing to total financing ratio was 1.52% and the coverage ratio reached 151.04%.
4Q15 Earnings Release Conference Call
Thursday, February 18, 2016 Time: 11:00 a.m. Eastern Time | 1:00 p.m. Buenos Aires Time
To participate, please dial: Argentine Participants: (0800) 444 2930 U.S. Participants: +1 (844) 839 2185 Participants from outside the U.S.: +1 (412) 317 2506
Conference ID: Banco Macro Webcast: click here
Webcast Replay: click here Available from 02/18/2016 through 03/03/2016
With the presence of: Jorge Pablo Brito (Member of the Executive Committee), Guillermo Goldberg (Financial Deputy General Manager) and Jorge Scarinci (Finance and IR Manager).
IR Contacts in Buenos Aires: Jorge Scarinci Finance & IR Manager
Ines Lanusse Investor Relations Officer
Phone: (54 11) 5222 6682 E-mail: email@example.com
Visit our website at: www.ri-macro.com.ar
SOURCE Banco Macro S.A.