WILMINGTON, Del., Dec. 15, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Barclaycard US, the payments business of Barclays in the United States, today announced that consumers can now apply for the AAdvantage® Aviator™ Red World Elite Mastercard®. The card is offered in airports and exclusively on board American Airlines flights.
"For the first time, we're accepting applications for a product in our Aviator card suite, making it easier for American Airlines' loyal travel community to take advantage of travel experiences unique to American Airlines fliers," said Catherine Nieburg, Director, Airline Partnerships, Barclaycard US. "Early boarding, first checked bag free and the opportunity to earn valuable AAdvantage® miles are just a few of the benefits cardmembers receive to enhance their American Airlines travel experience."
New cardmembers can earn 40,000 bonus miles with an opportunity for first-time applicants to receive an additional 500 miles through the exclusive in-flight offer.
"American Airlines customers will continue to benefit from our partnership with Barclaycard US with unique and expanded reward opportunities," said Kurt Stache, Senior Vice President, Marketing and Loyalty, American Airlines. "Building on our world-class travel experience, the AAdvantage® Aviator™ Red World Elite Mastercard® provides our loyal travel community even more ways to earn miles as well as exclusive privileges and perks."
The AAdvantage® Aviator™ Red World Elite Mastercard® product features include:
- Earn 40,000 bonus points after you make your first purchase in the first 90 days and pay the $95 annual fee
- First checked bag free for the primary cardmember and up to four companions on eligible bags when traveling on domestic itineraries operated by American Airlines
- Earn $3,000 Elite Qualifying Dollars (EQDs) when you spend $25,000 each calendar year
- Earn 2X miles for every $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases
- Earn 1X miles for every $1 spent on all other purchases
- Group 1 boarding
- No foreign transaction fees when you make purchases outside the U.S.
- Receive 10 percent of your redeemed AAdvantage® miles back (10,000 miles maximum per calendar year)
- Receive 25 percent in-flight savings on food, beverages and headsets
- Mastercard World Elite Travel Services, which offers exclusive access to a suite of benefits, amenities and upgrades including premium travel offers from the best-in-class travel companies, world-class travel advisors and access to "Priceless Experiences"
Interested travelers should ask their flight attendant for more information about AAdvantage® Aviator™ Red World Elite Mastercard® on their next American Airlines flight.
About Barclaycard US
Barclaycard is part of Barclays, a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank that moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. Headquartered in Wilmington, Del., Barclaycard US is one of the fastest growing top-10 credit card issuers in the nation. The company creates customized, co-branded credit card programs for some of the country's most successful travel, entertainment, retail, affinity and financial institutions. The business also issues its own Barclaycard branded credit cards and offers high-yield online savings accounts and CDs. For more information on Barclaycard please visit BarclaycardUS.com.
About American Airlines Group
American Airlines and American Eagle offer an average of nearly 6,700 flights per day to nearly 350 destinations in more than 50 countries. American has hubs in Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas/Fort Worth, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Philadelphia, Phoenix, and Washington, D.C. American is a founding member of the oneworld® alliance, whose members serve more than 1,000 destinations with about 14,250 daily flights to over 150 countries. Shares of American Airlines Group Inc. trade on Nasdaq under the ticker symbol AAL. In 2015, its stock joined the S&P 500 index. Connect with American on Twitter @AmericanAir and at Facebook.com/AmericanAirlines.
SOURCE Barclaycard US