CAMPBELL, Calif., Sept. 2, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Barracuda Networks, Inc. (NYSE: CUDA) -
- Barracuda rebrands CudaTel to Barracuda Phone System and begins to expand phone system support to certain international locations.
- Barracuda Phone System now is AT&T Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Certified and can be configured to work with AT&T IP Flexible Reach.
- New Barracuda Phone System Communication Command Center is designed to boost user productivity and allows users to initiate, receive, and respond to business communications right from their computers with an easy-to-use drag-and-drop feature and customizable workspace.
- Barracuda Phone System pricing is simple, with plans available by concurrent call volume with unlimited users rather than charging by seat or by user, a key differentiator for the solution.
Barracuda today announces the rebranding of its CudaTel next-generation enterprise telephony solution to Barracuda Phone System. With this announcement, Barracuda Phone System begins expansion to certain international locations and includes pricing that is simple, and plans available by concurrent call volume with unlimited users. Now AT&T SIP Certified, Barracuda Phone System offers a diverse set of deployment options that meet a broad set of customer needs.
Technology Certifications Barracuda Phone System has been tested by AT&T and met all requirements for compatibility with the AT&T IP Flexible Reach service. AT&T's IP Flexible Reach service is a converged solution providing customers with both their data and SIP trucking needs over a single connection. AT&T's IP Flexible Reach service combined with Barracuda Phone System can provide customers a dependable and cost-effective phone system solution with features designed for user productivity and IT management.
Barracuda Phone System is now certified to work with Patton analog and PRI SmartNode Gateways. Patton's products are complemented by its customer service and technical support. Patton SmartNode Gateways paired with the Barracuda Phone System provides reliable communications while reducing the total cost of ownership.
Barracuda is now part of the Polycom Technology Partner program, and as such, Barracuda is one of a limited number of technology partners whose solutions are designated as Polycom Ready.
User Productivity Barracuda also released several new features for the Barracuda Phone System, including the new Communication Command Center, which is designed to boost user productivity. The new Communication Command Center allows users to select the preferred way to initiate, receive, and respond to business communications directly from their computers with an easy-to-use drag-and-drop feature.
Next-Generation IP Telephony Barracuda Phone System is a purpose-built appliance that is compatible with a wide variety of SIP handsets, and also can be configured for use with both analog and Primary Rate Interface (PRI) telephone services. Highlighted features include:
- Smaller Footprint - Reduces space required with a 1U rack appliance.
- Easy-to-Use - Simplifies management with intuitive web-based user interface designed for IT administrators.
- Communication Command Center - Boosts productivity by allowing users to initiate, answer, and transfer calls from their computers with an easy-to-use drag-and-drop feature.
- Management and Reporting - Eases administration with built-in call recording, call queuing, and statistical reporting.
- Easy Setup - Integrates with existing networks and includes LDAP integration.
- SIP Standard-based - Compatible for any SIP handset or softphone.
- Simplified Pricing - Includes no per-model, per-feature or per-user restrictions.
- Instant Replacement Service - Provides hardware refresh plan that includes new hardware after four continuous years of service, eliminating upgrade and replacement challenges posed by other vendors' expensive proprietary technology.
Quotes "We are pleased to have achieved this important certification with AT&T and are excited that we've started to expand the Barracuda Phone System platform to international locations," says Ken Grohe, GM Emerging Products, Barracuda. "Barracuda Phone System does away with per-user, per-feature licensing, giving customers access to all features available on every phone system model that Barracuda offers. Barracuda Phone System includes features associated with enterprise-class systems, and is managed through an intuitive interface that makes telephony management easier for the administrator."
"It's encouraging to see a product like Barracuda Phone System come to market in this industry with the same emphasis placed on innovation, service, and support that we insist upon for our own customers in the UK," says Peter Gradwell, Chief Technical Officer, Gradwell Communications. "We appreciate that Barracuda includes all of the features regardless of the model, and makes it a breeze for companies to transition from outdated technology."
"As a longtime Barracuda partner, we've come to rely on the ease of use, reliability and support that Barracuda solutions provide to our customers," says Gary Nichols, CEO of InterDev. "Barracuda Phone System is no different and has proven its value with our mutual customer, Brevard County (Florida) Sheriff's Office. Here, we are able to manage usage and performance easily from the web – ultimately saving time on the administrative side – plus provide substantial cost savings over an older analog system. Already the customer reports that the Barracuda Phone System has been 'a real homerun'."
Pricing and Availability Barracuda Phone System is available immediately and starts at list price $1399 USD for the appliance and list price $399 USD for Energize Updates. An optional Instant Replacement service featuring priority replacement of failed hardware and complimentary refresh of four-year old hardware units is available starting at list price $299 USD per year. International pricing and availability vary by region.
Resources Video - Barracuda Phone System Today: http://cuda.co/bpstoday
Product Page - Barracuda Phone System: http://cuda.co/bps
About Barracuda Networks, Inc. (NYSE: CUDA) Barracuda (NYSE: CUDA) provides cloud-connected security and storage solutions that simplify IT. These powerful, easy-to-use and affordable solutions are trusted by more than 150,000 organizations worldwide and are delivered in appliance, virtual appliance, cloud and hybrid deployments. Barracuda's customer-centric business model focuses on delivering high-value, subscription-based IT solutions that provide end-to-end network and data security. For additional information, please visit barracuda.com.
Forward-Looking Statements This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements regarding the potential benefits, compatability, and functionality of the Barracuda Phone System You should not place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements because they involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that are, in some cases, beyond the Company's control and that could cause the Company's results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Factors that could materially affect the Company's business and financial results include, but are not limited to customer response to the Company's products, as well as those factors set forth in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The Company expressly disclaims any intent or obligation to update the forward-looking information to reflect events that occur or circumstances that exist after the date of this press release.
SOURCE Barracuda Networks, Inc.