Jun 25, 2015, 12:22 ET
ASPEN, Colo., June 25, 2015 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Aspen Ideas Festival, which runs June 25-July 4, invites the public at large to watch online and engage in thoughtful dialogue with its speakers and other participants through social media. Participants from around the world are encouraged to interact with the Festival by asking questions of speakers, sharing videos, watching sessions, and adding to the conversation across various platforms online. Further information on when and where to watch and how to participate follow below.
People can join the Aspen Ideas Festival conversation across a variety of platforms:
- Twitter: Follow @AspenIdeas and @Atlantic_LIVE, and tweet your thoughts using #SpotlightHealth and #AspenIdeas. (Spotlight Health will run from June 25-28 and the Aspen Ideas Festival will take place June 28-July 4.)
- Facebook: Like us at Facebook.com/AspenIdeas and Facebook.com/TheAtlantic, and follow Facebook.com/AtlanticLIVE and Facebook.com/AspenInstitute.
- Instagram: See our behind-the-scenes photos and videos, plus show us your point of view using #SpotlightHealth and #AspenIdeas. Instagram.com/AspenInstitute and Instagram.com/AtlanticLive
- YouTube: Subscribe to watch highlights from your favorite discussions or catch full sessions you missed. YouTube.com/AspenInstitute and YouTube.com/AtlanticLIVEvideo
- LinkedIn: Get advice from speakers, hear from leading Institute experts, and more on the official LinkedIn Aspen Ideas Festival channel: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/channel/aspenideas
- Reddit: Ask our speakers anything during our AMAs with Festival speakers. Look for a full schedule of speakers from the Festival at http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA.
- Periscope: Follow the Aspen Institute and Atlantic Live for behind-the-scenes footage and interviews with speakers throughout the week by downloading the Periscope app on your mobile device.
- PBS: Festival video will be featured on PBS.org and PBS social media platforms.
- iTunesU: Subscribe to and download full sessions from this Festival and years past, check out our Short Courses, and find notable books on iBooks. http://as.pn/itunesu
- Podcasts: Listen to memorable moments from the Festival with the Aspen Ideas To Go podcast. http://as.pn/ideastogo
- Websites: Video, audio, and transcripts from Aspen Ideas can be viewed at www.aspenideas.org and select sessions will also be made available on www.theatlantic.com/aif2015.
Media outlets currently planning to report and present from the Festival include the following (watch for local listings and airtimes):
- CNBC's "Closing Bell"
- Marketplace with Kai Ryssdal
- Science Friday
- Facebook "Face to Face" with MSNBC's Alex Wagner
- Bloomberg TV
- TheStreet TV
- Sirius XM's "Stand Up! with Pete Dominick" on channel 121, "The Perri Peltz Show" on channel 109, "Transcendental Meditation with Bob Roth" on channel 121, and "Aspen Institute Radio" on channel 121
- Minnesota Public Radio
- Aspen Public Radio airing live and taped sessions. Visit www.aspenpublicradio.org.
In conjunction with the Aspen Ideas Festival, TheAtlantic.com will feature an Ideas Special Report highlighting the trailblazing developments shaping progress in areas like business, technology, politics, science, and the arts. The report coincides with The Atlantic magazine's annual July/August Ideas issue--online today-- exploring the future of work, energy, and the most significant intellectual trends shaping the world for better or worse. During the Festival, The Atlantic will also showcase daily on the ground coverage, reporting and analysis, along with photography and videos online and across social media.
Presenting underwriters for the 2015 Aspen Ideas Festival include Allstate; Booz Allen Hamilton; HP; Mount Sinai Health System; Robert Wood Johnson Foundation; Shell; Southern Company; Toyota; U.S. Trust, Bank of America Private Wealth Management; and Walton Family Foundation. Supporting underwriters include American Federation of Teachers, Environmental Defense Fund, EY, Genworth, and Pearson. The MacArthur Foundation and PBS are contributing underwriters.
Presenting underwriters for 2015 Aspen Ideas Festival Spotlight Health are Anschutz Medical Campus, The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Booz Allen Hamilton, Health Care REIT, Mayo Clinic, Mount Sinai Health System, and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. Supporting underwriters include American Medical Association, Autism Speaks, and Children's National Health System. Association of American Medical Colleges, the CDC Foundation, Consumer Reports, Genentech, and The Rockefeller Foundation are contributing underwriters.
About The Atlantic
Founded in 1857 and today one of the fastest growing media platforms in the industry, The Atlantic has throughout its history championed the power of big ideas and continues to shape global debate across print, digital, events, and video platforms. With its award-winning digital presence, TheAtlantic.com and CityLab.com on cities around the world, The Atlantic is a multimedia forum on the most critical issues of our times—from politics, business, urban affairs, and the economy, to technology, arts, and culture. The Atlantic is the flagship property of Washington, D.C.-based publisher Atlantic Media. Its co-presidents are Editor in Chief James Bennet and Chief Operating Officer, Bob Cohn.
About the Aspen Institute
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, DC. Its mission is to foster leadership based on enduring values and to provide a nonpartisan venue for dealing with critical issues. The Institute is based in Washington, DC; Aspen, Colorado; and on the Wye River on Maryland's Eastern Shore. It also has offices in New York City and an international network of partners. For more information, visit www.aspeninstitute.org.
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130417/DC96489LOGO
SOURCE The Aspen Institute
Share this article