SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Rabbit today announced that its revolutionary video chat and content sharing application is now available for download as part of its closed beta. Rabbit is the first and only application that allows you to watch videos, listen to music and share any type of content together with your friends.
Rabbit has rebuilt video chat from the ground up to complement natural human behavior, with thoughtful design decisions that make Rabbit a more fun, immersive and inherently social experience.
"With Rabbit, we've pushed to completely reinvent everything about traditional video chat. By leveraging what we learned developing some of the world's most successful social and multiplayer games, we transformed video chat from a mere utility into a truly immersive social experience," says Stephanie Morgan, co-founder of Rabbit. "Finally, there's a place to meet friends, share content, go to events, spend time together and discover cool new things, live – and all in a single application! Rabbit is the first platform to deliver the real-life interaction of video chat with an entirely real-time social experience. This changes everything."
Rabbit is the only video chat application that lets you:
- Share any kind of content with friends: Use Rabbit to share and enjoy any kind of content together with your friends in real-time - from videos, movies and TV shows to music, documents and photos. Take advantage of Rabbit's one-click sharing through our innovative SharePad, a central hub of best-in-class content providers that seamlessly integrate for easy in-app sharing.
- Create rooms: You can create or join rooms (public or private) where you can share experiences with friends, meet new people and discover content together. Invite your closest friends to a group video chat, work on homework together in live study groups or create a fan room to share music videos from your favorite artist or you can even take advantage of Rabbit's unlimited room capacity to host online events.
- Have multiple conversations: In Rabbit, you can hover over groups to meet new friends OR hover over people to see common interests and engage in a conversation. Rabbit's advanced audio features let you listen to what's happening before joining a conversation. You can have multiple conversations in the same room and bounce from one to another just like mingling at a party.
- Invite and notify friends: Rabbit integrates with Facebook so you can easily invite friends to join you with the click of a button. You'll also get notified any time a friend joins Rabbit or enter rooms, so you'll never miss a chance to connect.
- Always be connected: Rabbit is a persistent, always-on application, just like IM, so it's super easy to connect and share with your friends even when you're not directly interacting on Rabbit.
Rabbit was founded by four videogame pioneers who saw a need in the market for a new approach to online communications: one that allows synchronous, real-time video chat and sharing of content with small or large groups. By combining current internet infrastructure with cutting-edge gaming, social and VOIP frameworks, as well as applying the principles of massively multiplayer online gaming (MMOGs) and new innovations in product design, Rabbit has delivered an application that is a quantum leap in video chat and social networking.
Rabbit is available today for Mac OS X (10.7 or higher) and will roll out to additional platforms in the coming months. For updates on general availability of Rabbit, please follow Rabbit on Twitter @LetsRabbit, or Like Rabbit on Facebook at facebook.com/LetsRabbit.
Rabbit revolutionizes video chat: watch movies and TV shows with your friends, listen to music together, chat with an unlimited number of people, and even meet new ones — all in a single application.
Chat. Watch. Listen. Discover. Share.
Sparkpr for Rabbit