SANTA MONICA, Calif., March 23, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Beachbody®, one of the world's leading providers of fitness, nutrition and weight-loss programs, announced today the launch of the Beachbody On Demand mobile app, giving iPhone® users go-anywhere access to many of the company's best-known and bestselling fitness programs.
Featuring its "Offline Mode" innovation, this free app allows members "offline" access to up to seven workouts at a time to exercise with them at their convenience with or without an internet connection.
The app and its extensive library of more than 400 workouts including the full P90X® franchise, INSANITY®, TurboFire® and Brazil Butt Lift®, features celebrity trainers Tony Horton, Shaun T, Autumn Calabrese, Sagi Kalev, and Chalene Johnson.
It also includes:
- Simple navigation tools (nicknamed "sweaty paws") to make pause/play, advancing and controlling the content more easy without trying to manage microscopic buttons mid-workout
- Program tools including workout calendars, fitness guides and nutrition plans, all in one easy to access location
- The option to AirPlay® to an Apple TV® and Cast to a Chromecast™ device so users can stream and view their favorite workouts on TV
- A "Welcome Back!" feature giving users instant access to their most recently viewed workout program with a single click or 3D touch
- Exclusive Beachbody On Demand content, including the "Active Maternity" prenatal and postnatal series from Autumn Calabrese, a resistance training and body sculpting series from Sagi Kalev, as well as exclusive workouts from Tony Horton, Joel Freeman, and Jericho McMatthews
"We have a passionate and dedicated fan base that wants the flexibility to easily access their workouts in the palms of their hands," said Bill Bradford, Chief Digital Officer of Beachbody. "We built features like Offline Mode with that in mind – to make it even easier for people to integrate fitness into their busy lives – whether or not they're able to get online."
The Beachbody On Demand app for iPhone is available now to download in the App Store® and is free for existing members. To celebrate this launch, Beachbody is giving its new members free access to over $4,000 of fitness video content for a 30-day trial. After the trial, membership is billed monthly at only $14.99, making it one of the most cost effective fitness resources ever created.
For more information, visit www.beachbodyondemand.com.
About Beachbody, LLC
Founded in 1998 by Carl Daikeler and Jon Congdon, Beachbody, LLC operates Beachbody.com and TeamBeachbody.com. The Santa Monica, California–based company is the creator of the nation's most popular fitness, nutrition and weight-loss solutions including P90X®, INSANITY®, FOCUS T25®, 21 Day Fix®, Body Beast®, PiYo® as well as the new Cize®, among many others. Beachbody On Demand is the company's exclusive streaming platform available online, through over-the-top (OTT) streaming devices including Roku TV™ models, Amazon Fire TV and Google Chromecast, and most recently through Apple TV via the Beachbody On Demand app. Beachbody programs combine challenging workouts with easy-to-follow diet guidelines, nutritional supplements, including its breakthrough clinically proven health and weight loss shake called Shakeology® (aka "Your Daily Dose of Dense Nutrition"®) plus an unparalleled customer service and peer-support system. Beachbody has expanded this support system through TeamBeachbody.com, which includes a network of over 350,000 independent "Coach" distributors as well as a dynamic online support and fitness community. In addition, Beachbody LIVE offers a variety of group fitness formats at gyms across the country and in Canada and the UK based on the company's popular fitness programs. The Beachbody corporate mission is to help people achieve their goals and enjoy healthy, fulfilling lives.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/beachbody-on-demand-mobile-app-puts-bestselling-fitness-videos-in-iphone-users-hands-300238745.html