SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., Nov. 12, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Beamz Interactive, Inc. (OTCQB: BZIC), a leading developer of state-of-the-art interactive music products, today is providing shareholders with an update on its current state of progress in the areas of education and healthcare, the primary market focus established for the second half of 2014 and 2015. Since June 2014, Beamz has made key announcements regarding international distribution partnerships, content expansion and new technology developments in its education and therapy offerings. The following summarizes these significant developments.
"During the third calendar quarter of 2014, in addition to significant progress with our direct school and senior care efforts, we continued to aggressively sign leading assistive technology resellers to expand our global reach in the education and healthcare markets. These recent additions included Spectronics and Link Assistive Technologies in Australia, Mentis in New Zealand, Dagesh Assistive Technology in Israel, Aroga Technologies in Canada and Westminster in the U.S., taking our total count up to more than 20 worldwide resellers supporting and promoting the Beamz education and healthcare product offering," said Beamz Interactive CEO Charlie Mollo. "We also launched a new Android app, which has received two 4.5 start ratings (out of a possible 5 stars), and features our expanding app library of about 250 interactive music songs and videos. In addition, we significantly expanded our content offering with a family of early learning interactive music videos, a golden oldies song bundle for the senior care market, a series of special needs education lesson plans, a series of therapy protocols for senior care, hospital, rehab and other therapy applications, and the establishment of a partnership to develop therapy Protocols for Traumatic Brain Injury, which we expect to be completed around year end. Finally, we also launched a new website with a broad range of new messaging and video content highlighting our new company tagline: 'Enriching learning, therapy and fun with inclusive, interactive music.' 'The combined effect of all of these developments position us for significant growth."
Education and Healthcare Markets Update
- Beamz is now featured in hundreds of schools worldwide.
- Beamz is currently sold through more than 20 leading assistive technology resellers worldwide, covering the U.S., the U.K., Germany, Sweden, Israel, Australia, Russia, the Middle East, Singapore, New Zealand, Canada and many others regions serviced by our partners. These resellers focus on Education, Rehabilitation Centers, hospitals, and related channels pursing the more than 130,000 US schools (K-12) that service over 50 million children, and over 30 million individuals of all ages with special needs.
- Beamz is now in 17 of the 20 regional education centers which are the training facilitators and influencers for more than 5,500 plus public schools in Texas – an area of focus for our Company. We are also now in dozens of schools in Texas.
- Beamz completed a series of Lesson Plans for Special Education teachers to use with the Beamz in various special education kindergarten and grammar school classrooms. These lesson plans are expected to be rolled out in the fourth quarter of 2014.
- Beamz and Lekotek completed a family of activity guides for children with special needs and their families. These activity guides are included with our special needs family product (see www.thebeamz.com/Lekotek).
- Beamz partnered with several industry leaders to expand its offering to include specialized access methods that work with the Beamz. These include the addition of specialized switches for more severely disabled individuals, roll out of our partnership with Tobii to provide access to Beamz interactive music capabilities to individuals utilizing eye-gaze technology (ie. playing the Beamz literally with their eyes), and a new relationship with Rehadapt that allows the Beamz to be connected to wheel chairs, beds, table tops and other such options.
Early Learning Content
- Beamz Interactive partnered with award-winning early education and video content developers GiggleBellies (www.GiggleBellies.com) and The Learning Station (http://learningstationmusic.com) to create a new early learning collection of fun and educational interactive music videos for pre-school and grammar school children.These interactive music videos can be used on a PC or MAC computer, the Beamz iOS or Android apps, and/or with the Beamz controller.
- Beamz new early learning content offering also includes an exciting Beamz original Simon Says and Music Appreciation collection, as well as a variety of Disney and other related content.
- The Early Learning Collection targets educational institutions as well as families with pre-K, kindergarten and grammar-school aged children.
- Beamz Interactive completed a research study with faculty members at Temple University, resulting in the creation of 15 protocols for therapists to provide various therapeutic benefits to seniors and other parties using Beamz. We believe these protocols, when combined with the recent completion of our golden oldies interactive song bundles, position us to pursue the approximately 40,000 senior nursing and assisted living facilities in the U.S. alone, as well as in-home senior care, senior centers, rehab centers and hospitals.
- Beamz established a partnership with Music Works to develop a series of Therapy Protocols to support individuals with Traumatic Brain Injury.
- The Beamz new Android app provides a leading edge interactive music experience for young children, families, early education and special needs applications that can now be used by the more than 1 billion Android device users.
"We are very pleased with our progress this quarter and continue to discover new ways to use our technology to positively impact the world of education and therapy," added Mollo. "Music enhances creativity, and imagination while helping with language development, reasoning and stress reduction. It has been proven that early-music experiences enhance children's ability to learn as well as their coordination and mental development, and that music aids seniors with their awareness and mental activity as well as therapy. It is our plan to get our products in the hands of educators, senior care providers and therapist worldwide."
About Beamz Interactive, Inc.
Based in Scottsdale, AZ, Beamz Interactive, Inc. (OTCQB: BZIC) develops innovative, interactive laser controller technology used in a wide variety of music, education, healthcare and consumer applications. The Beamz enables music educators and therapists to meet developmental objectives in classrooms and therapeutic settings. This state-of-the-art music technology brings music to everyone by simply allowing users to access hundreds of sounds, instruments, vocals and music clips at one's fingertips. Beamz allows people that have no musical background or training to play and enjoy music within minutes, yet it has the depth to enable accomplished artists and musicians to perform, compose and create highly sophisticated interactive music. The Beamz product line includes a laser controller with four laser beams, and free iOS and Android mobile apps, a product line focused on education and healthcare as well as consumers. In addition, the company features an extensive library of interactive songs to play on all platforms. Beamz Interactive's technology holds multiple patents, patents pending and trade secrets covering interactive music, software, laser-based controllers, mobile applications and related designs and devices. For more information on Beamz, please visit: www.thebeamz.com.
Follow Beamz on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. For comprehensive investor relations material, including fact sheets, multimedia resources, and videos regarding Beamz, please follow the appropriate link: Beamz Product Video, and Beamz Investor Materials.
This press release may contain forward-looking statements that reflect the Company's current expectations and projections about future results, performance, prospects and opportunities. These forward-looking statements are based on information currently available to the Company and are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties. The Company's actual results could differ materially from those anticipated in these forward-looking statements as a result of a variety of factors, including those discussed in the Company's periodic reports that are filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission and available on its website (www.sec.gov). All forward-looking statements attributable to the Company or persons acting on its behalf are expressly qualified in their entirety by these factors. Other than as required by law, the Company assumes no obligation to update publicly or to revise these forward-looking statements.
SOURCE Beamz Interactive, Inc.