RESTON, Va., May 17, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The U.S. Department of Energy's National Nuclear Security Administration has awarded three Bechtel-affiliated sites all twelve of the agency's Sustainability Awards for 2016. The Y-12 National Security Complex, Los Alamos National Laboratory, and Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory were recognized for helping aid the department in meeting its goals through innovation and excellence in environmental sustainability.
Teams and individuals received the following awards:
- Y-12 National Security Complex, Tennessee, managed and operated by Consolidated Nuclear Security LLC – Best in Class Individual Change Agent; Best in Class Water Management; Best in Class Waste Reduction and Pollution Prevention; Best in Class Performance Based Contracts; Environmental Stewardship Greenhouse Gas Scope 1 and 2; Environmental Stewardship Waste Reduction and Pollution Prevention.
- Los Alamos National Laboratory, New Mexico, managed and operated by Los Alamos National Security LLC – Best in Class Green IT Stewardship; Environmental Stewardship Individual Change Agent; Environmental Stewardship Water Management; Environmental Stewardship DOE Sustainable Campus
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, California, managed and operated by Lawrence Livermore National Security LLC – Environmental Stewardship Sustainable Communications
"The developments in sustainability ensure long-term mission success while also providing benefits for surrounding communities," said Craig Albert, president of Bechtel's Nuclear, Security & Environmental business unit. "That Bechtel-affiliated facilities won in all categories is a testament to the outstanding efforts of our teammates and employees at these sites. Congratulations to all the teams for helping make the world cleaner and safer."
The sites are all part of the NNSA's enterprise of facilities that carry out the agency's mission of ensuring the safety and effectiveness of U.S. nuclear defense. They support the downsizing of the nation's nuclear stockpile by conducting cutting-edge research related to physics, chemistry, supercomputing, advanced materials, and global security. NNSA is a semi-autonomous agency within the U.S. Department of Energy.
Bechtel teams with leading companies and organizations such as the University of California, AECOM, BWXT, Lockheed Martin, OrbitalATK, and Battelle Memorial institute for the management and operations of the labs and complex.
Sustainability is a key focus of Bechtel's dedication to delivering world-class projects while improving the quality of life in the communities where the company works. From research, to design and construction, purchasing decisions, and office procedures, Bechtel's sustainability practices span multiple areas.
- Bechtel's work in nuclear security and operations
- Bechtel's latest corporate sustainability report
- NNSA's news release
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we've completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live. www.bechtel.com
+1 (703) 429-6435
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/bechtel-congratulates-affiliated-sites-for-sustainability-excellence-awards-300270399.html