MILLBURY, Mass., Sept. 28, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- BellHawk Systems announces the availability of the latest V6 release of its BellHawk real-time inventory and operations tracking software. This software enables manufacturers to cut labor costs for data collection and to prevent costly mistakes by replacing the use of labor intensive paper forms and manual keyboard data entry with barcode and Web-mobile data collection technologies.
The BellHawk® software makes extensive use of Web-mobile and barcode technologies to:
- Provide a real-time overview of the status of customer orders, inventory, work-in-process, equipment, people, and the quality control process.
- Track materials from the receiving dock, through production processing, to picking, packing and shipping by lot and serial number as well as by expiration date and quality control status.
- Prevent operational mistakes by providing point-of-action warnings whenever the user is about to make a mistake such as using the wrong materials.
- Automatically print product and container labels in customer-specific formats.
- Enables companies to comply with materials traceability and quality assurance mandates by maintaining a history database of all operational transactions to facilitate rapid detection of defects and minimization of recalls.
BellHawk V6 provides an affordable alternative to the cost and risk of integrating an operations and inventory tracking system from software from different vendors. BellHawk is modular, so customers can start with a few modules and then turn on other modules as their needs expand.
The BellHawk software can automatically exchange data with a wide range of ERP and accounting systems, thereby avoiding the need for duplicate data entry.
The BellHawk software is available at prices starting under $5,000 and is typically installed on a Windows Server computer within a customer's manufacturing plant. BellHawk is also available installed in the "Cloud" at an external data center and as a complete turnkey system with the needed mobile computers, barcode scanners and printers.
SOURCE BellHawk Systems Corporation