CARLSBAD, Calif. and BOSTON, Sept. 16, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- EBD Group today announced the winners of the first annual Johnson & Johnson Innovation Biotech Startup Day competition at the eighth annual BioPharm America™ 2015 life science partnering event in Boston.
The winner of the Johnson & Johnson Innovation Startup Day competition grand prize went to Proteorex Therapeutics Inc. for their innovative technology and services to support drug discovery. As the grand prize winner of the competition Proteorex Therapeutics Inc. will have the opportunity to gain access to the use of one bench at a Johnson & Johnson Innovation, JLABS location for three months and six months of mentorship from a Johnson & Johnson Innovation team member.
Cardiio, Inc. based in Cambridge, MA, was chosen from among 20 pre-selected startups who participated in an open mic pitch contest at Biotech Startup Day. Participants pitched to a judging panel of industry experts made up of top investors, including from Johnson & Johnson Innovation, Mass Med Angels and Boston Harbor Angels, Teva Pharmaceuticals, Atlas Venture, and Lilly Ventures. Cardiio, Inc. will receive a presentation slot at, and complimentary full access registration to, the 2016 BioPharm America event from the EBD Group.
This year was the first edition of Biotech Startup Day, a dedicated day at BioPharm America specifically designed to provide early-stage projects and young companies the opportunity to get on the radar of the global life science community.
Additional links and information:
Follow BioPharm America 2015 on Twitter: @EBDGroup (hashtag: #BPA15).
Online Press Kit service for BioPharm America™ 2015 is available from PR Newswire to enhance your public relations efforts.
About EBD Group
EBD Group is the leading partnering firm for the global life science industry. Since 1993, biotech, pharma and medical device companies have leveraged EBD Group's partnering conferences, technology and services to identify business opportunities and develop strategic relationships essential to their success.
EBD Group's conferences are run with the support of leading corporations and international trade associations and include:
- BIO-Europe® and BIO-Europe Spring®, Europe's largest life science partnering conferences, supported by the Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO)
- BioPharm America™, the fastest growing partnering event in North America
- Biotech Showcase™, a unique forum in San Francisco for presenting to investors and business development executives, co-produced with Demy-Colton Life Science Advisors
- BioEquity Europe, the investor conference co-organized with BioCentury Publications and BIO
- ChinaBio® Partnering Forum, the first dedicated biotech/pharma partnering conference in China, co-produced with ChinaBio® Group
- Medtech Partnering Forum, EBD Group's partnering event for the innovative medical technology industry, will be the first dedicated medtech partnering conference in Japan
- Biolatam®, facilitating partnering among global life sciences executives in Latin America's vibrant life science hubs
EBD Group's sophisticated web-based partnering service, partneringONE®, is used as the partnering engine at numerous third-party events around the world, and partnering360® is the open online community of life science dealmakers that enhances partnering experiences throughout the year.
EBD Group is an Informa company. Informa is the largest publicly-owned organizer of exhibitions, conferences and training in the world.
EBD Group has offices in the USA and Europe.
For more information please visit www.ebdgroup.com.
SOURCE EBD Group