SAN FRANCISCO, March 27, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- While the Sweet Sixteen round of the men's NCAA basketball tournament has yet to start, sports fans across the country are tuning in to blinkx.com to catch up on the pulse-pounding wins and bracket-breaking losses from the "big dance," one of the most watched sporting events of the year. Some of the most popular videos from blinkx's College Hoops channel include:
- President Obama celebrates his favorite sport every year by taking part in a March Madness pool. Watch here to see which team he picked!
- One of the biggest upsets of the first round was Duke's shocking loss to 14th seed Mercer. After the game Coach K visited the Mercer team in their locker room. See what Duke's Coach K says after the defeat.
- The major upsets showed no sign of slowing down in the second round. One of the biggest was the Syracuse Orangemen's stunning loss to 11th seed Dayton Flyers. The Flyers' post-game celebration is enough to make anyone smile!
- The Wichita State Shockers lived up to their name in the second round with a shocking loss to University of Kentucky, ending their perfect season with one of the best -played second round games in recent memory.
- The Virginia Cavaliers will be dancing into the Sweet 16 for the first time since 1995 after dominating Memphis in the second round of the NCAA Tournament.
blinkx (LSE AIM: BLNX) is an Internet media company that connects consumers and brands through premium content online. Founded in 2004, blinkx pioneered Internet Video Search using its patented COncept Recognition Engine (CORE). This technology leverages speech recognition, text and image analysis to deeply understand the meaning and context of video content to generate improved search relevancy for consumers and a brand safe environment for advertisers. Today, blinkx is a broad digital media technology, distribution and monetization platform that connects consumers, advertisers and content across four screens. Through its partnerships with hundreds of media companies, including ABC, NBC, Conde Nast, Reuters and Bloomberg, blinkx has indexed and search enabled millions of hours of video content. blinkx powers video search, discovery or monetization on thousands of online properties including Lycos, ABC, CBS and Fox Sports. blinkx is headquartered in San Francisco, California with 15 offices worldwide. For more information please visit www.blinkx.com.