BELOIT, Wis., Dec. 28, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- FatWallet.com, the savings resource for millions of online deal hunters, launches their annual Best Things to Buy in January shopping guide for consumers looking to save money heading into the new year. The guide includes tips for which major categories contain significant savings opportunities and forecasts discounts and pricing on traditional Health & Fitness and White sales, as well as clearance on last year's best electronics products and 4K TV deals leading up to the Super Bowl.
"January is a great time to find savings on items that are holdovers from holiday sales, especially true this year with smart tech products," stated Brent Shelton, online shopping expert for FatWallet.com. "Apart from traditional white sales and items targeted for those pending resolutions, New Year's shoppers can expect to see heavy discounting on 2016 wireless tech and TVs."
Guide to the biggest savings opportunities in January via FatWallet.com:
- Health and Fitness Deals: New year's resolutions conjure up inspiration to feel better. Newer high-tech apparel and fitness gear include "smart" options to help track these new commitments. Expect discounts from 20-30% off sports apparel at Macy's and Target and 30-50% off larger fitness equipment from ProForm and Bowflex, as well as at bigbox stores like Walmart and Sears.
- Smart Watches and Fitness Trackers: Sales featuring discounts on smartwatches and fitness trackers offer consumers continued discounting of tech products coming into the new year. Expect to find discounts up to half off Samsung Gear Live, as well as Fitbit Alta under $100, Fitbit Charge 2 under $120, Fitbit Blaze under $150 and Apple Watch Sport (first gen) under $200.
- 4K TV Deals: 26% of Americans said they would buy a new TV in 2016 (Super Bowl survey) and 25% of those said they would them during Super Bowl sales. Expect January savings from $200-400 on name brand 50-60" 4K models from Vizio, Samsung, LG and TCL, with basic 4K UHD models starting at $300-$500 55" or less. Savings on 55-65" 4K OLED/SUHD/HDR models will be $500-1000 off with prices on select models dropping to $1200.
- Video Game Deals: With new video gaming consoles coming for 2017, expect similar Black Friday pricing on Xbox One Sand PS4 Slim consoles and bundles to continue to approach the $200 mark. And as is tradition after the holiday buying season and leading up to CES and Toy fairs, sales on new video game sales will also drop as much as 50% off select newer game titles.
- Wireless headphones/earbuds and speakers: With new models of truly wireless earpods bringing noise cancellation and AI features due in early 2017, last year's wireless audio that connect with smartphones will be available the second half of the month at prices equal or better than 2016 holiday sale pricing, including savings to $100 off higher quality wireless headphones sets designed for TV watching.
About: FatWallet is a smart resource for millions of online and mobile shoppers to find and share thousands of current coupons and deals from more than 2,000 retailers, like Target, Amazon, Walmart and Ebay. The much-celebrated FatWallet forums represent the pulse of an evolving online and mobile marketplace where the savviest deal hunters in the world gather to share and learn about ways to save money on everyday needs, wants and personal finance decisions.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/best-things-to-buy-in-january-techie-savings-for-new-years-shoppers-300383334.html