PHILADELPHIA, Nov. 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- At Best Value Schools, a new article has been published to rank the top 30 online colleges for 2014 that are providing high-quality education in a convenient flexible format to students in the United States and many other countries. "The 30 Best Online Colleges 2014" is a helpful new addition to the free educational website for steering prospective online students in the right direction for finding the best accredited online schools that promise to deliver a solid education and the training needed for success.
In compiling a list of the top accredited online universities, the researchers at Best Value Schools took the time to score each school based on freshman retention rate, six-year graduation rate, student-to-faculty ratio, number of online bachelors degrees, breadth of online learning choices, academic ratings, and student poll feedback. After finishing the complex data calculations, the online colleges were ranked from lowest score to highest score to inform students about the best online degree options available.
"These schools represent the state of the art in online college education in 2014," said editor Paul Church.
As a $56.2 billion industry, online learning is skyrocketing in popularity and expected to double over the next year with around 46% of college students taking at least one online course. Thanks to technological advancements, online education is opening doors of opportunity for college students seeking to attend school without putting their career or life on hold. Best Value Schools has named the 30 Best Online Colleges to help students ensure that they are choosing a virtual classroom that will fully support their learning.
Below are the top 30 online colleges for 2014 that have been chosen by Best Value Schools for offering students the highest quality of accredited online learning options across the United States:
30. University of Southern Mississippi Online: Hattiesburg, Miss.
29. Norwich University Online: Northfield, Vt.
28. Robert Morris University: Pittsburgh, Pa.
27. Saint Leo University: Saint Leo, Fla.
26. University of Central Florida Online: Saint Leo, Fla.
25. Florida Tech University Online: Melbourne, Fla.
24. University of Nebraska at Kearney Online: Kearney, Neb.
23. Philadelphia University Online: Philadelphia, Pa.
22. Mercy College Online: Dobbs Ferry, N.Y.
21: Thomas Edison State College: Trenton, N.J.
20. Full Sail University: Winter Park, Fla.
19. Park University Online: Parkville, Mo.
18. Herzing University Online: Milwaukee, Wis.
17. University of Memphis Online: Memphis, Tenn.
16. Granite State College: Concord, N.H.
15. Penn State World Campus: University Park, Pa.
14. King University Online: Bristol, Tenn.
13. National American University Online: Rapid City, S.D.
12. Washington State University Global Campus: Pullman, Wash.
11. University of North Carolina Charlotte Online: Charlotte, N.C.
10. University of Phoenix: Phoenix, Ariz.
9. Upper Iowa University Online: Fayette, Iowa
8. Troy University: Troy, Ala.
7. Western Carolina University Online: Cullowhee, N.C.
6. American Public University: Charlestown, W.Va.
5. Kaplan University: Davenport, Iowa
4. Southern New Hampshire University: Hooksett, N.H.
3. Liberty University Online: Lynchburg, Va.
2. Indiana Wesleyan University Online: Marion, Ind.
1. University of Maryland University College: College Park, Md.
To see for yourself just how these online colleges measure up, head over to http://www.bestvalueschools.com/best-online-colleges-2014/ and discover more in-depth details on what makes these online universities stand out as the best of the best for 2014.
About Best Value Schools
Best Value Schools is a comprehensive online resource guide committed to helping college students find the best possible value in high-quality, affordable higher education. Here you will be able to explore accredited degree programs, apply for money-saving scholarships, learn more about high-paying career choices, and read more rankings for top-rated schools with a high return on investment.
Media inquiries regarding Best Value Schools may be directed to Paul Church at 484-945-2742, via email, or on the web at BestValueSchools.com.
SOURCE Best Value Schools