Best Value Schools Presents New Web Article Ranking the Top 25 Service-Oriented Colleges for Best ROI
Jun 17, 2014, 08:30 ET
PHILADELPHIA, June 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- A new article on the Best Value Schools website ranks 25 service-oriented colleges with excellent return on investment. "Top 25 Universities for Non-profit and Community Service Ranked by Return" is a researched calculation of statistics and facts for U.S.-based universities with a penchant for community service and high ROI. Best Value Schools is a free guide to higher value in higher education, and the new feature was developed as a resource for service-minded individuals to find quality schools and avoid student debt.
The calculations were hatched from a statistical ranking of national colleges published by Washington Monthly. Best Value Schools picked the top 25 most service-oriented schools and then ranked them for prospective 30-year ROI as estimated by PayScale. The final article includes descriptions and details about each school. "Top 25 Universities for Non-profit and Community Service Ranked by Return" makes a handy tool to find highly-ranked schools with opportunities for community service and excellent potential for return on investment. Find the full article here: http://www.bestvalueschools.com/non-profit-and-community-service-ranked-by-return.
"Service-minded students are becoming savvier about their finances," said editor Paul Church. "Getting a degree from a university with a track record of exceptional return on investment is high on their list."
Successful business leaders overwhelmingly agree that community involvement offers valuable benefits to career-minded individuals in the areas of professional and personal development as well as personal satisfaction. According to statistics from Harvard Business School, up to 98 percent of Harvard executives think non-profit service is "important" or "very important" for success. Best Value Schools concurs with this view, and the site recommends that students consider schools with high levels of community service; however, users are also cautioned to factor in the returns on tuition investment over the course of a typical 30-year career.
Following are the 25 U.S. universities with the highest rates of community involvement and best ROI as ranked by Best Value Schools:
1. University of Notre Dame: Notre Dame, Indiana
2. Texas A&M University: College Station, Texas
3. Tufts University: Medford, Massachusetts
4. College of William and Mary: Williamsburg, Virginia
5. Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University: Blacksburg, Virginia
6. University of California-San Diego: San Diego, California
7. Case Western Reserve University: Cleveland, Ohio
8. University of California-Los Angeles: Los Angeles, California
9. Vanderbilt University: Nashville, Tennessee
10. George Washington University: Washington, D.C.
11. Washington University in St. Louis: St. Louis, Missouri
12. University of San Francisco: San Francisco, California
13. Auburn University: Auburn, Alabama
14. American University-Washington D.C.: Washington, D.C.
15. Marquette University: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
16. Adelphi University: Garden City, New York
17. University of Idaho: Moscow, Idaho
18. University of California-Riverside: Riverside, California
19. Syracuse University: Syracuse, New York
20. University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill: Chapel Hill, North Carolina
21. University of Denver: Denver, Colorado
22. Clark University: Worcester, Massachusetts
23. Loyola University-Chicago: Chicago, Illinois
24. Azusa Pacific University: Azusa, California
25. Indiana State University: Terre Haute, Indiana
About: Best Value Schools is an online portal to the cheapest degree programs with the highest return on investment. Browse for free to compare ROI rankings for top-rated schools, and learn about degree programs, scholarships and career choices.
Media inquiries regarding Best Value Schools may be directed to Paul Church at 484-945-2742, via email, or on the web at http://www.bestvalueschools.com.
SOURCE Best Value Schools
Share this article