SANTA CLARA, Calif., July 7, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
- As part of an ongoing effort to ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction and retention among its subscriber base, Bezeq, Israel's largest telecommunications service provider, selected DDN's Web Object Scaler (WOS®) as the technology foundation for its Storage-as-a-Service (SaaS) Cloud storage service offering.
- The SaaS model enables customers to store unlimited photos, music, videos and documents on Bezeq's Cloud at no charge.
- Rapid customer adoption of its SaaS model prompted Bezeq to deploy WOS, DDN's object-based storage platform, to efficiently, securely and cost-effectively manage petabytes of unstructured Big Data.
- The need to manage cost and meet SLAs ruled out file-based solutions as too difficult to maintain at scale. DDN's proven cost-effective scaling in a small footprint addresses those challenges.
- With DDN's scale-out solutions and expertise in supporting the world's largest storage environments, WOS technology enables Bezeq to store billions of objects on the same platform accessible via a single federated global namespace.
- Bezeq credits DDN's WOS platform with helping to achieve savings in storage costs and administrative overhead by producing the highest utilization per square meter in its datacenter, while requiring only minutes to set up and maintain WOS storage nodes.
DDN WOS Ensures Scalability, Flexibility and Versatility at Lower TCO
- With DDN's WOS platform, Bezeq can leverage a single storage pool to meet its needs without the expense and overhead of deploying and managing a separate, dedicated backup storage infrastructure.
- DDN's flexible object storage architecture is optimized to deliver high throughput for large objects, high IOPS for small objects and low latency for Bezeq's distributed, multi-site environment.
Igal Muginstein, Operations, Systems, Storage and Backup Team Leader, IT and Engineering Departments for Bezeq
- "I've been working with storage for more than 25 years, so I know the importance of finding a storage partner for the future, especially given the competitive nature of cloud services. DDN Storage had the best technology and approach to meet all our primary partner objectives."
- "The flexibility to use DDN's WOS technology for multiple purposes will allow us to be more competitive in delivering new, customer-focused services. With DDN, we have found the right partner with the ideal technology to help us drive our business, achieve faster time to market and expedited ROI on value-added customer services."
DataDirect Networks (DDN) is the world leader in massively scalable storage. Our data storage and processing solutions and professional services enable content-rich and high growth IT environments to achieve the highest levels of systems scalability, efficiency and simplicity. DDN enables enterprises to extract value and deliver business results from their information. Our customers include the world's leading online content and social networking providers, high performance cloud and grid computing, life sciences, media production, and security and intelligence organizations. Deployed in thousands of mission critical environments worldwide, DDN's solutions have been designed, engineered and proven in the world's most scalable data centers to ensure competitive business advantage for today's information powered enterprise. For more information, go to www.ddn.com or call 1-800-837-2298.
Sr. Director of Marketing
IGNITE Consulting, on behalf of DDN
Linda Dellett, 303-439-9398
Kathleen Sullivan, 303-439-9365
©2015 All rights reserved. DDN and WOS are trademarks owned by DataDirect Networks. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE DataDirect Networks (DDN)