ARLINGTON, Va., Oct. 18, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Bloomberg BNA today announced that Big Law Business – West is taking place the afternoon of Thursday, October 27 at the Standard Hotel in Los Angeles. The half-day program and networking event is complimentary for in-house and outside counsel and provides big law leaders an intimate forum to share insights and best practices and learn about the changes that are impacting the business — on the West Coast and nationwide. Summit information and registration is available at http://on.bna.com/DZfb305b9sC. To follow the event on Twitter, use #BigLawSummit.
The company's Big Law Business website features breaking news, videos, and contributed commentary that highlight trends and developments shaping the legal industry. The Los Angeles summit features in-house counsel and law school and law firm leaders discussing the range of issues impacting big law.
"Hosting this event on the West Coast offers law firm leaders and their clients insights into the evolving legal industry landscape consistent with the reporting on Big Law Business," said Scott Mozarsky, President, Cross Platform Businesses, Bloomberg BNA. "This event will shed light on the major trends and disruptive factors shaping big law — including changes in service delivery and the evolution of firms and legal departments — which will provide valuable context to help attorneys be that much more successful in their day to day roles."
Panel discussions will focus on litigation management, strategies to recruit and retain top legal talent, and the increasing impact of cybersecurity on the law profession. Keynote interviews will be held with John B. Quinn of Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP and Eileen Decker, U.S. Attorney for the Central District of California.
Featured Big Law Business Summit - West speakers include:
- Elizabeth Atlee, Sr. Vice President, Deputy General Counsel - Global Litigation, CBRE
- Elizabeth Baker, General Counsel, Twitch Interactive
- Lucy Endel Bassli, Assistant General Counsel, Microsoft
- Brad Butwin, Chair, O'Melveny & Myers LLP
- Mira El Sontaby, Senior Counsel – Privacy, Fox Entertainment Group
- David Gallagher, Investment Manager and Legal Counsel, Bentham IMF
- Andrei Iancu, Managing Partner, Irell & Manella LLP
- Jennifer A. Jackson, Managing Partner, Bryan Cave
- David McDowell, Partner, Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Jennifer L. Mnookin, Dean, University of California, Los Angeles, School of Law
- Greg Nitzkowski, Managing Partner, Paul Hastings
- Ronald Sarian, Vice President and General Counsel, eHarmony
- Sharon Tomkins, Vice President & General Counsel, Southern California Gas Company
The summit is sponsored by Aderant, Bentham IMF, K2 Intelligence, and Major, Lindsey & Africa.
About Bloomberg BNA
Bloomberg BNA provides legal, tax and compliance professionals with critical information, practical guidance and workflow solutions. We leverage leading technology and a global network of experts to deliver a unique combination of news and authoritative analysis, comprehensive research solutions, innovative practice tools, and proprietary business data and analytics. Bloomberg BNA is wholly-owned by Bloomberg L.P., the global business, financial information and news leader. For more information, visit www.bna.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/big-law-leaders-to-convene-at-big-law-business-summit--west-on-october-27-in-los-angeles-300346927.html
SOURCE Bloomberg BNA