NEW YORK, June 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Starting a career is a daunting challenge in today's economic climate. What sage professional guidance do Malcolm Gladwell, Donald Rumsfeld and the founder of Pay-Pal have to offer? Big Think - the innovative online knowledge company – is providing access to this wisdom and much more in their online seminar, "Summer School for the Real World" (www.bigthink.com/summerschool). Originally designed for the recent college graduates, the course triggered such a resounding international public response that the company is now offering every ambitious individual, whether fresh on the market or simply ready for a career upgrade, the opportunity to enroll for free. Big Think knows that everyone in the job market could benefit from some original knowledge and actionable advice.
Assembling an unparalleled group of industry leaders, world-renowned experts, and respected influencers from its Edge professional development platform, Big Think has distilled their collective acumen into a dynamic, online class. Launching today and running for nine weeks (running June 11 - August 13, 2012), "Summer School for the Real World" puts some of the most successful names to work for you, offering invaluable lessons from their personal experiences:
- Bob Diamond, CEO of Barclays, on how to be an intelligent risk-taker and thrive even in the midst of crisis
- Donald Rumsfeld, former Secretary of Defense, on how to present your skill-set in both the public and private sectors
- Best-selling author and maverick intellectual Malcolm Gladwell, on thinking like an entrepreneur and how you can "do your own crazy little idiosyncratic thing"
- PayPal Co-Founder, and first major investor in Facebook, Peter Thiel, on how to bootstrap your way to success
- Warren Littlefield, the producer of Seinfeld, on fighting for what you believe in -- even when no one else does.
- Ken Segall, designer of the "Think Different" Apple campaign, on how he survived an "interview from hell" with Steve Jobs
"The recently released unemployment figure of 8.2 percent is a sober reminder that every job seeker needs help differentiating themselves in the market," said Peter Hopkins, Co-Founder of Big Think. "We believe that Summer School for the Real World provides the actionable career knowledge and empowering expert advice necessary for success in the 21st century economy. To get that in the hands of the people who need it most, we've opened our doors and made it easily accessible."
For grads ready to land that first big job, seasoned pros looking to speed up their fast-track, and everyone in between, "Summer School for the Real World" provides a proven toolkit for professional growth and success. Enroll now.
About Big Think
Big Think is an online knowledge company that empowers both institutions and individuals to get smarter, faster with actionable guidance from the world's greatest mentors. Leveraging the wisdom found in its online expert forum—featuring over 3,000 influencers like President Jimmy Carter, Sir Richard Branson, and Stephen Hawking—Big Think creates multimedia professional and personal development courses (Big Think Edge) for success in the knowledge economy. Founded by Harvard University graduates Victoria Brown and Peter Hopkins, Big Think's multi-platform approach makes it an inimitable player in the technology and learning sectors, resulting in engaging partnerships with both Fortune 500 companies and Ivy League institutions. Big Think's influence and leadership is demonstrated by the over 21 million YouTube video views its content has received. www.bigthink.com
SOURCE Big Think