CARLSBAD, Calif. and MUNICH, Nov. 16, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Munich, Germany was the center of dealmaking activity in the life science industry during BIO-Europe® 2015 . Held at Munich's International Congress Center from November 2–4, the event broke all previous records for attendance and partnering productivity. The event brought 3,520 executives from 1,886 companies and 55 countries, who engaged in over 19,000 one-to-one meetings to discuss asset deals and strategic collaborations.
The event also featured a vibrant program of panels and workshops on effective partnering, as well as company presentations by both emerging biotech companies and established pharmaceutical firms. Major program themes of the event included regenerative medicine and cell therapy, immuno-oncology and best-practices dealmaking, and most program panels rooms saw full attendance.
"BIO-Europe continues to be the leading event in Europe for getting partnerships started in the life science industry," said Anna Chrisman, Group Managing Director, EBD Group. "Strong capital inflows combined with technological advances are resulting in powerful innovations and opportunities for collaboration. Our record attendance demonstrates this dynamic."
BIO-Europe 2015 reached a record high number of partnering meetings, up 7% from 2014, with 4,358 licensing opportunities on offer. There were 162 company presentations and 97 exhibitors.
The next edition of BIO-Europe will be held in Cologne, Germany November 7–9, 2016.
Additional links and information:
Follow BIO-Europe 2015 on Twitter: @EBDGroup (hashtag: #BEU15).
Online Press Kit service for BIO-Europe 2015 participants is available from PR Newswire to enhance your public relations efforts.
About EBD Group
EBD Group is the leading partnering firm for the global life science industry. Since 1993, biotech, pharma and medical device companies have leveraged EBD Group's partnering conferences, technology and services to identify business opportunities and develop strategic relationships essential to their success.
EBD Group's conferences are run with the support of leading corporations and international trade associations and include:
- BIO-Europe® and BIO-Europe Spring®, Europe's largest life science partnering conferences, supported by the Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO)
- BioPharm America™, the fastest growing partnering event in North America
- Biotech Showcase™, a unique forum in San Francisco for presenting to investors and business development executives, co-produced with Demy-Colton Life Science Advisors
- BioEquity Europe, the investor conference co-organized with BioCentury Publications and BIO
- ChinaBio® Partnering Forum, the first dedicated biotech/pharma partnering conference in China, co-produced with ChinaBio® Group
- Biolatam®, facilitating partnering among global life sciences executives in Latin America's vibrant life science hubs
EBD Group's sophisticated web-based partnering service, partneringONE®, is used as the partnering engine at numerous third-party events around the world, and partnering360® is the open online community of life science dealmakers that enhances partnering experiences throughout the year.
EBD Group is an Informa company. Informa is the largest publicly-owned organizer of exhibitions, conferences and training in the world.
EBD Group has offices in the USA and Europe.
For more information please visit www.ebdgroup.com.
SOURCE EBD Group