WASHINGTON, July 27, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Bio-Process Systems Alliance (BPSA) is pleased to announce the 1st International Single-Use Summit Europe (BPSA EUS) will be held September 26-28, 2016, in Barcelona, Spain, with a primary focus on the global promise and expanded deployment prospects for single-use technologies (SUTs).
Technical topics will be blended with business and regulatory presentations to provide a mix of issues that surround the rapid global emergence of single-use as the "go-to" platform in bioprocessing.
"This unique coupling of technical and business topics is the key to the value of our program in Europe," said John Boehm of CPC and Chairman of BPSA's Board of Directors. "For component manufacturers, system integrators and especially users, risk-mitigation is the key to accelerated adoption of single-use in biopharmaceutical manufacturing. We will address key technical topics in-depth, as well as provide context to the current business climate, inclusive of EU government initiatives and overall projected market growth. It's going to be interesting and informative for all, and we believe our choice of venue, Barcelona, will prove to be a convenient gathering point for the industry."
Speakers and panelists for the EUS 2016:
- Senior Global Sourcing Representative Xavier Derouck with GSK (Belgium) will discuss the outlook for European SUT system providers, in the context of customer expectations.
- Senior official(s) from Sanofi (Germany) will discuss how single-use plays into the overarching strategies of drug and vaccine manufacture over the next decade.
- Sabic's Senior Business Manager, Amy Plancon, (Netherlands) will address resin topics and how chemistries around polyolefins influence the single-use market via the production, supply and availability of plastic materials for single-use component conversion.
- Pall Life Sciences' Helene Pora (France) will present the new BPSA white paper on the design, control and monitoring of Single-Use Systems for Integrity Assurance.
- Arnaud Schmutz of Sourcin (Switzerland) will lead a discussion on sustaining a globally qualified workforce and overcoming skills gaps and needs for worker talent entering the single-use space.
- "Hot Topic" Panels will focus on key technical topics critical to advancing SUTs, such as the identification and control of process particulates; the standardization of test methods around extractables and leachables; user expectations around change control and notification; and a view on future markets for single-use.
"With our inaugural event in Europe, we have put together a program that will appeal to CEOs, manufacturing VPs, quality-assurance experts, single-use systems integrators, educators and vaccine and biopharma providers," said Kevin Ott, Executive Director of BPSA. "This meeting is dedicated to addressing everything you need to know about single-use…right now…for users and suppliers that are focused not just in North America, but also in Europe, Asia and Latin America. We hope this event will allow BPSA to expand its educational reach globally, as single-use quickly migrates more and more toward global commercial production use for biologic drugs and vaccines."
The summit will be held at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Barcelona. The full agenda, registration and hotel information can be viewed on the European Summit page. "We look forward to seeing everyone at this can't miss industry focused event," Ott said.
The Bio-Process Systems Alliance (BPSA) was formed in 2005 as an industry-led corporate member trade association dedicated to encouraging and accelerating the adoption of single-use manufacturing technologies used in the production of biopharmaceuticals and vaccines. For more information, please visit www.bpsalliance.org, or contact Kevin Ott, Executive Director, at [email protected].
SOURCE Bio-Process Systems Alliance (BPSA)