NEW YORK, Sept. 18, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- BizBash, North America's number one resource for event industry trends, ideas, and inspiration, has released its 2018 lists of Top 100 Events in the United States and in Canada. Spanning more than a dozen industries, these annual lists include award shows, music festivals, political events, technology summits, trade shows, and food, wine, and hospitality experiences.
With new movements sparking important conversations, these annual experiences have become a catalyst for change and a platform for social justice. Many of the events are breaking barriers, challenging norms, and finding new ways to reach and engage audiences. Events that ignored these social and cultural changes found themselves dropped several spots in the ranking—or off the list altogether.
"One of the trends we're seeing with events is a desire to emphasize social good," said Beth Kormanik, BizBash editor in chief. "Are the panels at conferences and conventions diverse? How are music festivals taking care of the environment? What form does corporate social responsibility take at a trade show? Attendees are asking, and the best events are responding."
The BizBash 2018 Top 100 Events in the United States and in Canada include:
- Advertising & Marketing: C2 Montréal (CA)
- Art & Design: Art Basel (U.S.) and Nuit Blanche Toronto (CA)
- Award Shows: Golden Globes (U.S.)
- Benefits: Naples Winter Wine Fest (U.S.) and Daffodil Ball (CA)
- Business & Financial: Allen & Company Sun Valley Conference (U.S.)
- Entertainment: Sundance Film Festival (U.S.) and Vancouver International Film Festival (CA)
- Fashion: Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute Gala (U.S.) and Toronto Fashion Week (CA)
- Festivals, Parades & Holiday Events: Mardi Gras (U.S.) and Calgary Stampede (CA)
- Food & Hospitality Industry: James Beard Foundation Awards (U.S.) and Niagara Wine Festival (CA)
- Media & Literary: Banff World Media Festival (CA)
- Music: CMA Music Festival (U.S.) and Toronto Jazz Festival (CA)
- Political: State of the Union (U.S.)
- Sports: N.C.A.A. Men's Final Four (U.S.) and Grey Cup (CA)
- Technology: Dreamforce (U.S.)
- Trade Shows & Conventions: WWDMagic (U.S.) and Canadian International AutoShow (CA)
The full lists of the Top 100 Events can be found at www.bizbash.com/top-100.
BizBash empowers event professionals with ideas, intelligence, and resources to create smarter events. Each month more than 200,000 unique users across North America and beyond look to BizBash for venue discovery, event style, technology, and tools for their next event. Visit us at www.bizbash.com. Follow us at @bizbash on Twitter and Instagram or www.facebook.com/bizbash