NEW YORK, Sept. 17, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Black Enterprise will present its annual TechConneXt on Monday, Oct. 8 through Tuesday, Oct. 9, at the San Francisco Marriott Waterfront Hotel. TechConneXt is the gathering spot for professionals looking to enter the tech world and companies recruiting some of the brightest minds.
TechConneXt is a hard-hitting, two-day summit that brings together leaders in tech to exchange ideas and provide information to professionals who may be struggling to find their footing in the industry as well as seasoned tech professionals and entrepreneurs who may be looking for new opportunities in the space.
A major highlight of TCX will be the BE Smart HBCU Hackathon, where 15 schools will be challenged to use their creativity and skills to develop a unique new program. Teams will be judged based on the viability of the program, its utility to individual users, and the efficacy of the technological platform and will be evaluated by an elite group of judges.
TCX will feature nationally recognized tech leaders and will provide attendees with the information, access, and resources needed to achieve real success in their industry.
Confirmed speakers and honorees include:
- Akon, Chief Visionary, Akoin; Grammy-nominated artist; Entrepreneur & Philanthropist
- Terry Oppong, Chief Visionary Officer, BlackBand
- Morgan DeBaun, Founder & CEO, Blavity
- Abiola Oke, CEO & Publisher, OkayAfrica
- Van Lathan, Senior Producer, TMZ
- Dajae Williams, Manufacturing Engineer, NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- Abou "Bu" Thiam, Co-CEO, WAW Internet Co.
- Angela Yee, Radio Personality, The Breakfast Club
- Tavonia Evans, Founder & CEO, $Guap Coin L.L.C.
- Nancy Douyon, International Research Lead, Uber
- Phillip Agnew, Co-Director, The Dream Defenders
- Rashaun Williams, General Partner, Manhattan Venture Partners
- Jaylen Bledsoe, CEO, Bledsoe Global Group
- Damien Hooper-Campbell, Chief Diversity Officer, eBay
- Christopher Gray, Founder & CEO, Scholly Inc.
- Lloyd Carney, Founder & CEO, Carney Global Venture LLC
TechConneXt attendees will enjoy:
- BE Tech Talks & One-on-Ones: Leaders in tech will share their insights
- Networking: A fantastic meeting place to network with tech peers, VCs, and corporations looking to diversify their talent.
- BE Smart Hackathon: Competing college teams will develop and present a product to our judges
- TCX Pitch Competition: Contestants will have an opportunity to pitch their tech startup to win $10,000!
- TCX Black Tech Awards: Recognizing the amazing minds in the black tech space
Every minute and every session will challenge attendees to overturn conventional thinking and revolutionize the way they see the technology industry. Whether you're looking to launch a career at a top tech company, a mid-career professional looking for fresh opportunities, a growth-minded tech entrepreneur, or a company seeking to engage more diverse pools of talent, BE's TechConneXt presents a unique and unparalleled opportunity for attendees.
To register and find out more information, visit www.blackenterprise.com/techconnext. You can also search #TECHCNXT for additional updates and information about TCX on social media.
The 2018 TechConneXt is Presented by American Airlines with Platinum sponsor is Prudential; Gold sponsors AT&T, FedEx, Intel, and Salesforce; Silver sponsor IBM; and Corporate sponsor Dell, Electronic Arts and PepsiCo. and Tech Partner Kapor Center for Social Impact.
Black Enterprise, your ultimate source to build Wealth for Life, is the premier business, investing, and wealth-building resource for African Americans. Since 1970, BE has provided essential business information and advice to professionals, corporate executives, entrepreneurs, and decision makers. Every month, Black Enterprise magazine provides 6 million readers with information on entrepreneurship, careers, and financial management. A multimedia company, BE also produces television programming, business and lifestyle events, Web content, and digital media. Visit www.blackenterprise.com for more information.
SOURCE BLACK ENTERPRISE