ANDOVER, Mass., Dec. 19, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Blink, the leader in video-first home security, today expanded their suite of wire-free home security products to include the Blink Video Doorbell. The Blink Video Doorbell provides customers with HD video alerts, motion-detection, live streaming video with 2-way audio, infrared night vision, weatherproofing and more at an incredible price. However, what really sets the Blink Video Doorbell apart, is the ability to install it without any wiring, unless desired, allowing customers to place it anywhere. The Blink Video doorbell has the same unrivaled 2-year battery life as their existing award-winning HD security cameras with 2 standard AA lithium batteries.
The wire-free setup makes the installation of the Blink Video Doorbell as simple as inserting the batteries, connecting it to your home WiFi and placing it anywhere you need. Additionally, customers will have the option to connect it to the home's existing doorbell wiring, extending the battery-life even further while being able to sound the home's existing chime.
Key features of the Blink Video Doorbell include:
- Easy Self-Install – Just install the batteries, connect to your Blink system and mount. Customers can also easily connect it to existing home doorbell wiring
- Live HD Video with 2- Way Audio – Customers will be able to hold conversations through their doorbell from anywhere in the world in full HD video
- Motion-Activated HD Video Alerts – When motion is detected, the doorbell will record short video clips and send an alert to the customer's smartphone to view
- Infrared night vision – Allows for round-the-clock surveillance, day or night
- Extended battery life – Like all Blink camera products, the doorbell will provide at least two years of battery life with two AA lithium batteries and potentially more when connected to some existing doorbell wiring
- Weatherproof technology – It is IP-65 rated to ensure this water-resistant unit delivers clear, HD quality video no matter what the forecast entails
- No recurring or hidden fees – Unlike competitors, Blink offers cloud storage with no monthly contract or fees
- Seamless Integration with Blink – The Blink Video Doorbell can be added to existing Blink customer systems immediately without additional hardware or software
"While other companies try to wow early-adopters with tech and unnecessary features, at Blink we are disrupting the smart home industry through a zealous focus on simple products that provide huge value at an unmatchable price," said Peter Besen, CEO of Blink. "We've taken our award-winning experience from our security cameras and applied it to the doorbell. We feel this has resulted in the absolute easiest to install, full-featured video doorbell on the market today. Combined with our existing wire-free cameras, consumers will have peace of mind that their entire home is safe when they are away."
The Blink Video Doorbell – and a companion battery-powered Blink Doorbell Chime – will be on display at Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in January, where Blink has been named a CES 2018 Innovation Awards Honoree for the third consecutive year. The brand won recognition for the video doorbell within the Smart Home category, which was chosen by an esteemed panel of judges that includes industry designers, engineers and media.
Existing Blink customers will be able to purchase the video doorbell alone for $99 or new customers can purchase a stand-alone system consisting of a Blink Video Doorbell and Blink Sync Module for $129. The companion Blink Doorbell Chime pricing will be announced at CES.
The Blink Video Doorbell is expected to be available in the coming months. For more information, please visit blinkforhome.com.
Blink makes smart home security simple. Their innovative suite of wire-free HD security cameras provide unprecedented peace of mind allowing consumers to see what is going on at home from anywhere in the world and be alerted to potential danger if and when it exists. They can be installed by anyone in minutes, have no wires and all Blink cameras run on 2 AA lithium batteries for 2 years! Blink has helped customers around the world combat countless cases of home burglary and package theft, keeping families safe and feeling secure at home and away. For more information, visit BlinkforHome.com. Just Blink, and You're Home!
Media Contact: Katrina Stern, SHIFT Communications
P: 646-756-3707 | firstname.lastname@example.org