ARLINGTON, Va., Jan. 29, 2015 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Bloomberg BNA today announced it would be hosting a complimentary Webinar, "Lawyer Mobility: Ethical Issues Arising From Lateral Hires, Partner Withdrawals and Law Firm Dissolutions," on Wednesday, February 4 from 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm Eastern Time. Event speakers will provide guidance on how to handle situations when lawyers voluntarily or involuntarily change firms and when law firms dissolve. By participating in the event, sponsored by Beacon Hill Staffing Group, attendees can earn 1.5 CLE Ethics credits. Registration is available here.
Speakers at the event are Merri A. Baldwin, Shareholder at Rogers Joseph O'Donnell PC and Thomas B. Mason, Partner, Harris, Wiltshire & Grannis LLP. The Webinar will cover:
- Ethical obligations lawyers have when planning to leave a firm and join another.
- Requirements for client notification when a lawyer is changing firms and the obligation to allow the client a choice of counsel.
- A review of the ethical rules that govern how to handle client files when a lawyer changes firms.
- The ethical obligations owed to a firm's current clients at the time of dissolution, including the need to protect against client abandonment.
- Ways to identify and manage actual or potential conflicts of interest.
About Bloomberg BNA
Bloomberg BNA, a wholly owned subsidiary of Bloomberg, is a leading source of legal, regulatory, and business information for professionals. Its network of more than 2,500 reporters, correspondents, and leading practitioners delivers expert analysis, news, practice tools, and guidance — the information that matters most to professionals. Bloomberg BNA's authoritative coverage spans a full range of legal practice areas, including tax & accounting, labor & employment, intellectual property, banking & securities, employee benefits, health care, privacy & data security, human resources, and environment, health & safety.
SOURCE Bloomberg BNA