ARLINGTON, Va., Oct. 19, 2015 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Bloomberg BNA today announced it would be hosting two interactive events focused on the challenges facing large law firms and legal departments in attracting, promoting and retaining diverse talent and improving diversity. The Bloomberg BNA Big Law Business Diversity & Inclusion conferences build on Big Law Business, a leading provider of news, analysis and commentary on the legal profession. The morning events are being held from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Thursday, October 29 at 404 NYC in New York City and Wednesday, November 4 at the Bloomberg LP offices in San Francisco. For complimentary registration and event information, visit here. To follow the event on Twitter, use #BigLawDiversity.
"Diversity is one of the most important issues facing law firms and corporate legal departments in today's marketplace," said Scott Mozarsky, President, Cross Platform Division, Bloomberg BNA. "A diverse workforce — coupled with a commitment to diversity and inclusion from the top down — is critical to an organization's growth, success and ability to drive innovation and deliver unique perspectives to clients and customers. At our New York and San Francisco events we have assembled a strong lineup of speakers — including Fortune 100 general counsel, law firm managing partners and diversity officers — to engage in spirited dialogue around diversity and inclusion issues affecting the legal profession."
The events are designed for top decision-makers in the legal industry, including chief legal officers, in-house counsel, managing partners, and human resources personnel. They expand upon the success of the inaugural Big Law Business Summit, held this summer in New York City.
Speakers at the New York City event include:
- Kelly Tullier, Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary, Visa Inc. (keynote speaker)
- James McNasby, General Counsel, Marsh LLC
- Ellen Moran Dwyer, Managing Partner, Crowell & Moring
- Richard Rosenbaum, Chief Executive Officer, Greenberg Traurig
- Ian Graham, Senior Vice President, General Counsel & Secretary, BAE Systems
- Tony West, Executive Vice President, Government Affairs, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary, PepsiCo
- Jami McKeon, Chairperson, Morgan Lewis & Bockius
- Raymond M. Williams, National Diversity and Inclusion Partner and Co-Chair, Product Liability and Mass Torts Practice, DLA Piper
- Ricardo Anzaldua, Executive Vice President and General Counsel, MetLife
- Michael Blair, Presiding Partner, Debevoise & Plimpton
- Kim Koopersmith, Chairperson, Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld
- Jacqueline Marcus, Partner and Diversity Committee Chair, Weil, Gotshal & Manges
Speakers at the San Francisco event include:
- Mary Snapp, Corporate Vice President and Deputy General Counsel, Microsoft Corporation (keynote speaker)
- Elizabeth Sharrer, Partner and Firm Chair, Holland & Hart
- Amy Weaver, Executive Vice President and General Counsel, Salesforce
- Deborah Broyles, Partner and Director of Global Diversity & Inclusion, Reed Smith
- Caren Ulrich Stacy, Founder/CEO, OnRamp Fellowship & Diversity Lab
- Katherine Adkins, Group Vice President — General Counsel and Secretary, Toyota Financial Services
- Jeremy Roth, Co-President and Managing Director, Littler Mendelson
- Brian Wong, Executive Partner for Diversity and Inclusion, Pillsbury Winthrop
For additional information and complimentary registration, click here.
About Bloomberg BNA
Bloomberg BNA, a wholly owned subsidiary of Bloomberg, is a leading source of legal, regulatory, and business information for professionals. Its network of more than 2,500 reporters, correspondents, and leading practitioners delivers expert analysis, news, practice tools, and guidance — the information that matters most to professionals. Bloomberg BNA's authoritative coverage spans a full range of legal practice areas, including tax & accounting, labor & employment, intellectual property, banking & securities, employee benefits, health care, privacy & data security, human resources, and environment, health & safety.
SOURCE Bloomberg BNA