NEW YORK, June 24, 2015 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Bloomberg BNA today announced it would be hosting its first Bloomberg Big Law Business Summit, which builds on Big Law Business, a leading provider of news, analysis and commentary on the legal profession. The summit will provide an inside look at the trends behind the delivery of legal service and feature some of the nation's most influential in-house counsel and law firm leaders and is taking place at the Apella in New York City on Wednesday, July 15 from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. with a reception to follow. For complimentary registration and event information, click here. To follow the event on Twitter, use #BigLawSummit.
"Since launching only a few months ago, the Big Law Business site has become a go-to resource for legal industry leaders thanks to its engaging and timely news, insights and perspectives, including numerous interviews with the top minds in Big Law and in-depth analysis of the key developments impacting Big Law," said Scott Mozarsky, President, Cross Platform Division, Bloomberg BNA. "This Summit provides a unique opportunity for attendees and thought leaders to engage in dialogue around critical issues affecting the Business of Law."
The Summit is for top decision-makers in the legal industry, including chief legal officers, in-house counsel, managing partners, and law firm business development, marketing and IT executives, as well as consultants and legal technology firms. Attendees will have the opportunity to connect with other industry leaders and gain insight and intelligence to meet new challenges and take advantage of new opportunities in today's legal marketplace.
The event expands upon the content available on Big Law Business, the online community that helps law firm executives and in-house counsel address opportunities and challenges created by accelerated disruption in the legal market related to the business of law. Speakers include:
- Brackett Denniston, Senior Vice President, Secretary and General Counsel, General Electric Company
- H. Rodgin Cohen, Senior Chairman, Sullivan & Cromwell
- David G. Leitch, Group Vice President and General Counsel, Ford Motor Company
- Seth Zachary, Chairman, Paul Hastings
- Kim Koopersmith, Chairperson, Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld
- David Levine, General Counsel, Bloomberg LP
- Steve Reich, General Counsel for the Americas, Deutsche Bank AG
- Jami McKeon, Chairperson, Morgan, Lewis & Bockius
- Sabine Chalmers, Chief Legal & Corporate Affairs Officer, Anheuser-Busch InBev
- Richard DeScherer, Chief Legal Officer, Bloomberg LP
- Christa D'Alimonte, Senior Vice President and Deputy General Counsel, Viacom, Inc.
- Mei Lin Kwan-Gett, Deputy General Counsel and Head of Global Litigation, Citi
- Craig Silliman, Executive Vice President for Public Policy and General Counsel, Verizon Communications
- Cliff Dutton, Senior Vice President & Director of Strategies and eDiscovery, AIG
- Roger Meltzer, Global Co-Chairman and Co-Chairman (Americas), DLA Piper
- J. Stephen Poor, Chairman & Partner, Seyfarth Shaw
- Greg McCaffery, CEO and President, Bloomberg BNA
- Kathryn Ruemmler, Partner and Global Co-Chair, White Collar Defense and Investigations Practice, Latham & Watkins
For additional information and complimentary registration, click here.
About Bloomberg BNA
Bloomberg BNA, a wholly owned subsidiary of Bloomberg, is a leading source of legal, regulatory, and business information for professionals. Its network of more than 2,500 reporters, correspondents, and leading practitioners delivers expert analysis, news, practice tools, and guidance — the information that matters most to professionals. Bloomberg BNA's authoritative coverage spans a full range of legal practice areas, including tax & accounting, labor & employment, intellectual property, banking & securities, employee benefits, health care, privacy & data security, human resources, and environment, health & safety.
SOURCE Bloomberg BNA