ARLINGTON, Va., Jan. 26, 2015 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Bloomberg BNA today announced it would be hosting with Wiley Rein LLP "Impact of the Supreme Court On Patent Enforcement," a one-day conference for intellectual property practitioners involved in patent litigation and prosecution. The event, being held at the University of California, Hastings College of the Law, features luminaries in intellectual property from the judicial and practitioner communities. Registration is available here.
"We've seen a recent spike in the Supreme Court's involvement in patent enforcement and this event will provide first-hand knowledge and insights from the leading legal minds in the patent arena," said Tom Taylor, Managing Editor of Bloomberg BNA's Patent, Trademark, & Copyright Journal. "This conference is ideal for practitioners who need to stay on top of a rapidly changing landscape and successfully litigate patent cases."
"The program will address four game-changing issues in patent litigation addressed by the Supreme Court this past year," said James Wallace, Jr., Patent Group Chair and Partner at Wiley Rein LLP. "In particular, the conference will cover the question of the patentability of business methods, which was the pivotal issue in the landmark case Alice Corp. v. CLS Bank International and which created the biggest development in the patent litigation field in decades."
The conference features four interactive panel discussions on issues that have all been major components of recent Supreme Court decisions:
- Recovery of Attorney Fees
- Ineligibility of Abstract Ideas, Business Methods, and Naturally-Occurring Substances
- Distributed Infringement
- Claim Issues: Nautlilus/Indefiniteness and Teva/Deference to Trial Court
Speakers at the event include:
- Hon. James Donato, United States District Court, Northern District of California
- Hon. Paul S. Grewal, U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- Hon. Susan Illston, U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- Jeanine Hayes, Vice President of Intellectual Property and Assistant Secretary, Nike Inc.
- Kevin Kramer, Associate General Counsel, Yahoo! Inc.
- Anup Tikku, Associate General Counsel, Patent Litigation and Transactions, eBay Inc.
Event moderators include:
- Benjamin C. Elacqua, Principal, Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Heidi Keefe, Partner, Coley LLP
- Brian H. Pandya, Partner, Wiley Rein LLP
- James H. Wallace, Jr., Partner, Wiley Rein LLP
For more information on the conference and to register for the event, visit here.
About Bloomberg BNA
Bloomberg BNA, a wholly owned subsidiary of Bloomberg, is a leading source of legal, regulatory, and business information for professionals. Its network of more than 2,500 reporters, correspondents, and leading practitioners delivers expert analysis, news, practice tools, and guidance — the information that matters most to professionals. Bloomberg BNA's authoritative coverage spans a full range of legal practice areas, including tax & accounting, labor & employment, intellectual property, banking & securities, employee benefits, health care, privacy & data security, human resources, and environment, health & safety.
SOURCE Bloomberg BNA