CHARLOTTE, N.C., Oct. 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- blu eCigs, the electronic cigarette company widely known for its products' superior style and quality, today announced it will title sponsor the first ever Freedom Project™: a nationwide tour starring The Pretty Reckless, Portugal. The Man, Blue October and Dita Von Teese's "Burlesque: Strip Strip Hooray!" Variety Show encouraging fans to embrace their freedoms, scheduled for September 27, 2013 through December 7, 2013.
As the exclusive sponsor of the Freedom Project, blu eCigs has committed to transform each performance into an interactive experience, providing fans a platform for self-expression and personal freedom. Echoing blu's brand message, each concert will feature a Freedom Wall where guests can inscribe their most enjoyable freedoms and freely embrace the everyday liberties of being an American.
blu eCigs will also provide adult smokers of legal age with the opportunity to sample blu disposable products in their choice of Classic Tobacco or Magnificent Menthol flavors indoors, where permitted.
"We are thrilled to work with Live Nation Entertainment, the largest event producer in the country," said Matt Coapman, VP of Marketing at blu eCigs. "The Freedom Project will give adult smokers of legal age who are attending concerts the freedom to use blu eCigs' disposables inside the venues (where permitted) instead of missing their favorite artist's performance while outside smoking."
The full Freedom Project schedule of tour dates for each band during is as follows –
The Pretty Reckless:
- 9/27/13 – Ft. Lauderdale @ Revolution
- 9/30/13 – New Orleans @ Parish
- 10/02/13 – Houston @ House of Blues
- 10/04/13 – Dallas @ House of Blues
- 10/09/13 – San Diego @ House of Blues
- 10/10/13 – Anaheim @ House of Blues
- 10/11/13 – Los Angeles @ House of Blues
- 10/23/13 – Minneapolis @ Varsity Theatre
- 10/25/13 – Detroit @ St. Andrews Hall
- 10/26/13 – Indianapolis @ Deluxe
- 10/27/13 – Chicago @ House of Blues
- 10/31/13 – Cleveland @ House of Blues
- 11/01/13 – Cincinnati @ Bogarts
- 11/03/13 – Washington DC @ The Fillmore Silver Spring
- 11/09/13 – New York @ Irving Plaza
- 11/10/13 – Philadelphia @ TLA
Portugal. The Man:
- 10/01/13 – Silver Spring @ Fillmore Silver Spring
- 10/02/13 – Charlotte @ Fillmore Charlotte
- 10/03/13 – Atlanta @ Tabernacle
- 10/08/13 – Orlando @ House of Blues
- 10/09/13 – Fort Lauderdale @ Revolution
Dita Von Teese's "Burlesque: Strip Strip Hooray!" Variety Show:
- 09/30/13 – New York @ The Gramercy Theater
- 10/01/13 – New York @ The Gramercy Theater
- 10/02/13 – New York @ The Gramercy Theater
- 10/03/13 – New York @ The Gramercy Theater
- 10/04/13 – New York @ The Gramercy Theater
- 10/09/13 – Philadelphia @ Tower Theater
- 10/11/13 – Charlotte @ The Fillmore
- 10/12/13 – Charlotte @ The Fillmore
- 10/09/13 – San Francisco @ Fillmore
- 10/10/13 – Los Angeles @ HOB
- 10/12/13 – Anaheim @ HOB
- 10/13/13 – San Diego @ HOB
- 10/15/13 – Las Vegas @ HOB
- 10/24/13 – Minneapolis @ Varsity Theatre
- 12/07/13 – St. Louis @ The Pageant
Fans have the ability to enter a sweepstakes for the chance to win the Grand Prize of an all-expense paid trip to see The Pretty Reckless' last show in in New York, NY on November 9, 2013, store credit, as well as tickets to exclusive VIP after parties and sound checks for selected tour dates. Registration is available through blu eCigs' Facebook page.
For more information about Freedom Project, please see here.
About blu eCigs Electronic Cigarettes
blu eCigs® electronic cigarettes offer the feel of traditional cigarettes – without the tobacco smoke, ash, or smell. Because they mimic the physical act of smoking, blu eCigs offer a realistic alternative to tobacco cigarettes, creating a vapor "puff" that evaporates within seconds. blu eCigs made a conscious choice to offer a product that clearly is not mistaken for a traditional cigarette, evident by the e-cigarette's black casing and blue LED glowing tip when in use. With a lifestyle-driven design and innovative technology to enhance the experience for consumers, blu e-cigarettes allow smokers the chance to take back their freedom. blu e-cigarettes have been featured at high-profile awards shows, professional motorsports events, major music festivals, and more, and are used by A-list actors, musicians, and other celebrities around the world. Available online and at retailers nationwide, blu e-cigarettes come in convenient disposables or rechargeable packs for regular use, with or without nicotine, and in a variety of flavors. Based in Charlotte, NC, the company is a subsidiary of Lorillard, Inc. (NYSE: LO). For more, information visit www.blucigs.com.
SOURCE blu eCigs