CHANTILLY, Va., Feb. 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Blue Ridge Networks, a leading provider of cybersecurity solutions to government, enterprises and consumers, today announced that AOL has commenced distribution of AOL Tech Fortress powered by AppGuard to its members.
AOL Tech Fortress incorporates Blue Ridge Networks' proven AppGuard next generation zero-day malware solution for Windows PCs, laptops and tablets. AppGuard's unique, patented isolation and containment technology has been consistently recognized by leading industry experts as effective protection against zero-day malware threats.
AOL members can rest easier knowing that they are protected by AOL Tech Fortress powered by AppGuard:
- Blocks known and unknown zero-day malware - viruses, bots, phishing, drive-by-downloads, targeted attacks, and many other zero-day threats.
- Does not require scanning or updating to provide protection.
- Protects applications, processes and system resources for Windows operating systems.
- Extends protection to documents, attachments, downloads, social network apps, and even thumb drives.
- Operates in the background without slowing down or interrupting the user experience.
- Compatible with traditional antivirus software.
- Compatible with all current Windows operating systems, including XP, effectively addressing any protection gaps.
"We are thrilled to partner with AOL to bring its members a new standard of easy-to-use protection against escalating zero-day malware, targeted attacks, and advanced persistent threats," said Blue Ridge Networks' Chairman and CEO John Higginbotham. "AppGuard has been field-proven to provide comprehensive protection that doesn't disrupt users. With AOL Tech Fortress powered by AppGuard, AOL members can be certain that AOL has provided them with effective, immediate protection against these threats for their Windows systems."
About Blue Ridge Networks
Blue Ridge Networks has provided effective cybersecurity solutions to government, enterprises and consumers for more than 15 years. The company offers an unmatched suite of field-proven, reliable, scalable, certified, easy-to-use, and affordable cybersecurity solutions that "just work." To learn more about how to Be Safe Againä in your digital world, visit www.blueridge.com and www.appguardus.com.
AOL Inc. (NYSE: AOL) is a brand company, committed to continuously innovating, growing, and investing in brands and experiences that inform, entertain, and connect the world. The home of a world-class collection of premium brands, AOL creates original content that engages audiences on a local and global scale. We help marketers connect with these audiences through effective and engaging digital advertising solutions.
SOURCE Blue Ridge Networks