BOSTON, Sept. 20, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Axon (Nasdaq: AAXN), the global leader in connected law enforcement technologies, today announced that the Boston Police Department (BPD), a Major Cities Chiefs Association member, has contracted with Axon for a body-worn camera program backed by the digital evidence management solution, Evidence.com. This order was received in the third quarter of 2018 and will ship in multiple phases beginning in January 2019.
BPD's deployment of Axon's Body 2 cameras follows a year-long pilot program. The goals of the program included analyzing changes to officer productivity as well as reviewing feedback from both police and community when body cameras were present in the field.
"It is clear from the pilot program that the use of body cameras helps to build trust between members of the community and our officers," says BPD Commissioner William Gross. "By moving forward with body cameras, we are continuing to increase transparency and public trust."
Axon is a network of devices, apps and people that helps law enforcement become smarter and safer. Our mission is to Protect Life. Our technologies give law enforcement and public safety personnel the confidence, focus and time they need to keep their communities safe. Our products impact every aspect of an officer's day-to-day experience:
- In the field- Our Smart Weapons offer a less-lethal intermediate use of force response and our body-worn and in-car cameras collect video evidence to capture the truth of an incident; and our mobile applications enable simple evidence collection.
- At the station- Our secure, cloud-based digital evidence management solution allows officers and command staff to manage, review, share, and process digital evidence using forensic, redaction, transcription, and other tools.
- In the courtroom- Our solutions for prosecutors make collaborating across jurisdictions and agencies easy so that cases can be resolved quickly.
We work hard for those who put themselves in harm's way for all of us. To date, there are more than 300,000 software seats booked on the Axon Network around the world and more than 205,000 lives and countless dollars have been saved with the Axon Network of devices, apps, and people. Learn more at www.axon.com or by calling (800) 978-2737.
Facebook is a trademark of Facebook, Inc. Twitter is a trademark of Twitter, Inc.
Axon, Axon Network, Evidence.com, the "Delta Logo," "Protect Life," and Smart Weapons are trademarks of Axon Enterprise, Inc., some of which are registered in the US and other countries. For more information, visit www.axon.com/legal. All rights reserved.
Follow Axon here:
- Axon on Twitter: https://twitter.com/axon_us
- Axon on Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/Axon.ProtectLife/
Note to Investors
Please visit http://investor.axon.com, https://www.axon.com/press, www.twitter.com/axon_us and https://www.facebook.com/Axon.ProtectLife/ where Axon discloses information about the company, its financial information and its business.
Visit our Investor Relations Safe Harbor Statement at: http://investor.axon.com/safeHarbor.cfm.
Axon VP Communications