WASHINGTON, May 30, 2017 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Bio-Process Systems Alliance (BPSA) is pleased to announce the 7th Annual International Single-Use Summit will be held July 12-14, 2017, in Washington, D.C., with a primary focus on the business and sustainability aspects encompassing "Single-Use Saves."
Technical topics will be blended with business and regulatory presentations to provide a mix of issues that surround the rapid global emergence of single-use as the "go-to" platform in bioprocessing.
"This unique coupling of technical, business and political topics is the key to the value of our program again for 2017," said John Boehm of CPC, Chairman of BPSA's Board of Directors. "For component manufacturers, system integrators and especially users, it is evident that single-use is poised for long-term market growth. We will take an in-depth look at key technical topics, as well as provide context to the current business climate, inclusive of government initiatives and projected market growth. It's going to be interesting and informative for all."
Topics and presenters include:
- Eliana Johnson of POLITICO will deliver a behind-the-scenes perspective on the U.S. political landscape. Drawing from her prominent roles as POLITICO's national political reporter and a regular guest on Sunday morning political talk shows, she will break down the most important issues of the day and unveil what to expect from Washington tomorrow and over the next two years.
- Michael Eakins, U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP), will present the latest iteration of the USP draft document to codify competing test standards surrounding extractable testing and risk mitigation around single-use.
- Michael P. Angelastro from Biomedical Advanced Research & Development Authority (BARDA) will speak to pandemic response preparedness, post-Ebola, and the role single-use can play in identifying and immunizing at-risk patient populations, as well as global risk factors.
- Cell and Gene Therapies, and Sustainable Practices in Single-Use will be the subject of two distinct panel sessions. Featuring experts and business topics in each subject, the panels will focus on cradle-to-cradle aspects of sustainable single-use, as well as the life-saving attributes of the technology in targeted therapies.
- BPSA's 2017 Leak Integrity Guide will be presented to the conference on July 13. This 18-month project is a deliverable that addresses a key concern with single-use, that of the integrity and robustness of polymer-based bioprocess platforms.
- SNAP Sessions Panels, i.e. "quick-hit" issue summaries, will focus on key technical topics critical to advancing single-use technologies (SUTs).
"With the 2017 Summit, our seventh consecutive annual event, we have again put together a program that will appeal to CEOs, manufacturing VPs, quality-assurance experts, single-use systems integrators, educators and vaccine and biopharma providers," said Kevin Ott, Executive Director of BPSA. "This meeting is dedicated to addressing everything you need to know about single-use…right now."
The Summit will be held at the Four Seasons Hotel Georgetown in Washington, D.C. The full agenda, registration and hotel information can be viewed at www.bpsalliance.org.
The Bio-Process Systems Alliance (BPSA) was formed in 2005 as an industry-led corporate member trade association dedicated to encouraging and accelerating the adoption of single-use manufacturing technologies used in the production of biopharmaceuticals and vaccines. For more information, please visit www.bpsalliance.org, or contact Kevin Ott, Executive Director, at email@example.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/bpsas-7th-annual-business-summit-to-focus-on-key-single-use-attributes-driving-current-and-future-markets-300464693.html
SOURCE Bio-Process Systems Alliance (BPSA)