WASHINGTON, Nov. 17, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- This holiday season, hungry kids in America are facing extraordinary challenges in the wake of the coronavirus. With record jobs and wages lost and many school buildings across the country closed, 1 in 4 kids may face hunger this year. No Kid Hungry's partners are helping to change that by spreading extraordinary generosity with seasonal products and promotions that give back. When consumers dine or shop with national brands like Verizon, Madewell, Nutella and more that support No Kid Hungry this holiday, every $1 donated can help provide up to 10 meals to kids in need.*
No Kid Hungry has a plan to make sure kids are fed, this holiday season and all year long. Through a combination of emergency grants, strategic assistance, advocacy and awareness, the anti-hunger campaign is equipping communities with the resources they need. Since the coronavirus pandemic began in March, No Kid Hungry has distributed $41 million in emergency funds to nearly 1,400 schools, food banks, and other community-based organizations helping to feed kids across the country, and will be providing $22 million more before the end of the year.
"The holiday season is always stressful for families struggling to make ends meet and the coronavirus is making this time of year even tougher," said Diana Hovey, senior vice president of corporate partnerships at Share Our Strength, the organization behind the No Kid Hungry campaign. "We've been so encouraged by the support and extraordinary generosity from our partners who have stepped up to contribute to our work and bring hope and a healthy meal to countless kids across the country during this critical time."
Seasonal gifts and promotions that give back to No Kid Hungry include:
- Citi: For each online purchase made using your Citi credit card, between December 1 – December 31, Citi will donate $0.10 to No Kid Hungry up to $1 million.
- The Habit Burger: Through December 31, 2020, The Habit Burger customers can round up their total at checkout with 100% of round-up donations benefiting No Kid Hungry.
- Madewell: This year, Madewell is proud to have partnered with No Kid Hungry to help provide up to 1M meals to kids in need. To continue giving back, Madewell will match customer donations online from November 17, 2020 through January 2, 2021, up to $50,000. Check out their very special Sunday Suppers series on Instagram featuring chefs from the No Kid Hungry family.
- Nutella: In November, Nutella is partnering with No Kid Hungry to offer specially marked jars of Nutella® hazelnut spread for sale at your favorite grocery store nationwide. For each purchase of a specially marked jar, Nutella will donate a portion of the proceeds to No Kid Hungry to help support breakfast for kids. Learn more at Nutella.com.
- Verizon: If you're a Verizon customer, $5 will be donated to No Kid Hungry this November and December when you redeem your Verizon Up reward in your My Verizon app.
- Anthony Hopkins Brand: Anthony Hopkins will donate $5 to No Kid Hungry for each AH collection product sold through October 14, 2021 with a minimum donation of $50,000. The elegant collection includes AH Eau de Parfum, home candles, and diffusers. Visit anthonyhopkins.com.
- Bar Louie: Bar Louie's Cocktails for a Cause initiative is excited to donate $1 of each Bourbon and Spice cocktail sold through December 31st. To reach their minimum guaranteed donation of $75,000, guests will also have the option to donate during order checkout, in-store and online.
- bartaco: From October 4 – December 7, bartaco is donating $1 from the same of every #bartacosecret menu item to No Kid Hungry, with a minimum guaranteed donation of $10,000.
- Be A Good Person & Snooze, an A.M. Eatery: From December 4 – February 1, 2021, Be A Good Person & Snooze, an A.M. Eatery will donate $10 to No Kid Hungry for each collaborative t-shirt sold, with a minimum commitment of $25,000. Supplies are limited. To shop, visit beagoodperson.com.
- Brown-Forman: Through November 30th, Woodford Reserve is partnering with local restaurants throughout the Midwest and East to feature a Meaningful Manhattan on their menu! For every Manhattan sold at participating restaurants, Woodford Reserve will donate $1 to No Kid Hungry up to $5,000. Keep an eye out on Woodford Reserve's social media to find participating accounts. Individuals can also make a contribution by texting FRIENDS to 68405.
- California Fish Grill: California Fish Grill will donate $500 at each new location's grand opening and donate an additional $2 per kids' meal sold during opening week up to $500. Guests will also be encouraged to donate instore and online.
- Church's Chicken: Church's Chicken will donate $1 for every No Kid Hungry Get 'N' Give Meal Deal sold via DoorDash or Uber Eats from 11/30/20 through 12/28/20. Church's will also donate $0.10 to No Kid Hungry for each chicken sandwich sold on 12/1, up to $5,000 at participating locations.
- Coppola: Now through December 31st, The Family Coppola will donate $1 for every bottle of Diamond Collection wines sold up to $75,000.
- Diamonds Direct: In partnership with No Kid Hungry through May 31, 2021, Diamonds Direct has pledged to donate at least $100,000 to help end childhood hunger. To reach this goal, Diamonds Direct is hosting online silent auctions of donated jewelry with all proceeds benefitting No Kid Hungry. In-store donations are also welcome. Learn more at DiamondsDirect.com.
- Dropps: Dropps shoppers can donate to No Kid Hungry at checkout and Dropps will match all donations up to $15,000.
- Guess Who?: Guess Who? is supporting No Kid Hungry by donating $10 from the sale of each Guess Who? Hometown Helpers special edition game, September 9, 2020 through March 31, 2021.
- Hard Rock Café: From October 1 through November 22, Hard Rock Cafe will donate $1 from its Family Bundles to No Kid Hungry. Guests will also have the option to "Crank It Up" by rounding up their bill and donating the change to further support No Kid Hungry's efforts. Minimum guaranteed donation of $25,000.
- Hickory Farms: Hickory Farms is donating $5 for every Give Back Gift Box and Filet Gift sold all year round, with a maximum donation of $300,000. Learn more at HickoryFarms.com/NoKidHungry.
- Holiday Stationstores: From December 3 – 31, 2020, Holiday Stationstores will donate 1% of each Holiday branded gift card sold, up to $30,000.
- Impossible Foods: Now through December 31, for every purchase of Impossible™: The Cookbook made through Amazon.com, $3 will be donated to No Kid Hungry, with a minimum commitment of $5,000.
- Kellogg: For every Instacart order with a purchase of $25 or more of select Kellogg's products, Kellogg will donate $1 to No Kid Hungry up to $40,000 between 12/4-12/18.
- Kimpton: In November, select Kimpton restaurants will be offering special Friendsgiving menu items to support No Kid Hungry. And Kimpton will donate $10 per night to No Kid Hungry when guests use a special rate code to make their reservation.
- La Colombe: Now through January 31, 2021, $2 from every box of La Colombe Lyon Blend will benefit No Kid Hungry up to $40,000 with a minimum donation of $10,000. To shop, go to lacolombe.com.
- Lokai: Lokai is donating $1 for every purchase of a No Kid Hungry Lokai bracelet all year round, with a minimum donation of $10,000.
- Mendocino Farms: Between Oct 27- Jan 27, Mendocino Farms will be facilitating customer donations via its digital ordering platform.
- Milo's Hamburgers: Milo's will donate $2 to No Kid Hungry for every bottle of Milo's sauce sold from November 23 through December 31, with a minimum donation of $20,000.
- Pottery Barn: 25% of the retail price for every Goods That Give Back Catchall Tray and Mug purchased will be donated to No Kid Hungry, now through 12/31.
- Pottery Barn Kids: For every Flour Shop Smiley Face Water Bottle and face mask sold now through 12/31, Pottery Barn Kids will donate 30% of the retail price to No Kid Hungry.
- Pottery Barn Teen: For every face mask sold now through 12/31, Pottery Barn Teen will donate 30% of the retail price to No Kid Hungry.
- QDOBA: From now through December 18, you can add a $2 donation to No Kid Hungry when placing an order online and through Qdoba's mobile app.
- Rejuvenation: Now through 12/31, Rejuvenation will donate 25% of the retail price for every Stoneware Canister sold.
- Saladworks: For each Kids Works meal purchased now through August 2021, Saladworks will donate $.10 to No Kid Hungry.
- Samsung: Samsung is supporting No Kid Hungry by donating $1 from the sale of each Samsung brand refrigerator sold at Lowe's stores nationwide and online, October 31, 2020 through November 27, 2020.
- Spicewalla: Spicewalla is donating 10% of the retail price of each Kitchen Essentials 18 pack to No Kid Hungry from November 1 through December 31.
- Stasher: Stasher is donating a minimum of $1 for every "Let's Fix Lunch" book purchased starting September 15, 2020.
- Tender Greens: Now through December 31, you can donate to No Kid Hungry through online checkout at Tender Greens. They'll be making a minimum donation of $25,000.
- Trix: General Mills Cereal has partnered with jeweler Ben Baller to create a one-of-a-kind chain featuring Trix Rabbit to celebrate the cereal-loving kid inside all of us while also bringing awareness and support to ending childhood hunger. The Ben Baller Trix Rabbit chain will be available for auction on eBay from Wednesday, Nov. 18 through Monday, Nov. 23 at ebay.com/trixareforkids (note: link won't be live until Nov. 18 at 12 pm CST). All proceeds will be donated to No Kid Hungry.
- West Elm: West Elm is donating 25% of the retail price of all No Kid Hungry ornaments to No Kid Hungry while supplies last. On #GivingTuesday, West Elm will donate 50% of the retail price from each ornament sold.
- Williams Sonoma: Williams Sonoma is donating 30% of the retail price from each No Kid Hungry spatula and tea towel to No Kid Hungry while supplies last. On #GivingTuesday Williams Sonoma will donate 60% of the retail price from each spatula and tea towel sold.
- 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc.: Now through December 24, 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc. is donating 20% of the net proceeds** from each gift purchased from the "Season of Sharing" gift collection to No Kid Hungry, with a minimum commitment of $50,000.
*$1 can provide up to 10 meals. Meal equivalency varies during COVID-19 relief. Learn more at NoKidHungry.org/OneDollar
**Net proceeds shall be defined as the gross sales price of the product less any and all taxes, service charges, shipping and handling charges, discounts, gift certificates, promotional gift certificates, promotional offers (e.g. airlines miles, points, e-money, etc.) credits, rebates, chargebacks, refunds, credit card processing fees and gift certificate cancellations.
For a complete list of participating partners and promotions, and to learn all the ways to dine, shop and share for No Kid Hungry this holiday season, visit NoKidHungry.org/dineshopshare.
About No Kid Hungry
No child should go hungry in America. But in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic, 1 in 4 kids could face hunger this year. No Kid Hungry is working to end childhood hunger by helping launch and improve programs that give all kids the healthy food they need to thrive. This is a problem we know how to solve. No Kid Hungry is a campaign of Share Our Strength, an organization committed to ending hunger and poverty. Join us at NoKidHungry.org.
Media Contact: Allison deBrauwere; [email protected]
SOURCE No Kid Hungry